• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Grill Table Design

image.jpgThis may help you a lil on how the EMT brackets work. I mounted mine on the underside due to my weber having a stacker on it so flush ness with table top was not important to me. Hope it saves someone some time in there project.

Here is another angle of my weber mount brackets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 811
I used 1 1/4" brackets due to the heavyweight steel they use in bigger size brackets. Mounted them 1/4" under so I would have a 1" gap around the wood and kettle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 803
What type of wood would you recommend for the table top? Also, just so I know, why not use pressure treated? Just because the chemicals they use to treat the lumber would get into the meat?

Older pressure treated lumber had arsenic in it. I am not convinced that the new treated lumber is safe. How about a tile top or stainless ? Both of these can be cleaned. SS performers are cheaper and easier than building a table. Portable too.

I certainly would not go the trouble of building a nice table and drop a OTS in it. A OTG is the only way to go. No ashes staining and or burning your nice table.

I don't have a kettle, but built a cart for my WSM. I used beadboard for the sides and some stain grain oak for the top. If you get the sides of the grill away from the wood, you will be fine. Heat will rise so just give it some room. The real reason not to use pressure treated wood for the top is that it has a real tendency to split. Even the 4x4 post are notorious for splitting, keep us posted on the project! Sorry I took this pic with my cell.

01191317201_zpsdca23fb8.jpg

I wouldn't be too concerned about using PT lumber for the table top since the old arsenic is long gone and now they use a copper based chemical instead. Besides, who tosses a brisket or butt on the table top before loading it on?? I made a small, portable table for my grill out of PT lumber and i have no problems at all with it. I do understand the PT's tendancy to split and warp so that could be an issue. You could also use cedar for the tops, like i did with my gas grill carts.

Why the tall back? I mean, I could see if it had some shelves on it, but right now it looks like all it has is a 2x4 at the top which won't hold much it the way of cooking goodies. Just looks kind of unfinished to my eyes. Maybe add a few 1x8 shelves? Just thinkin out loud here. I do like the table idea for kettles though, makes for a great work area!

Maybe add to the tall back some shelves and/or a door for a spice rack and to store other things.

My son has made some concrete counter tops. Were I to make a cart for one of my kettles, I'd probably use that. But I have too many kettles (including a SS Performer and an older Platinum) so I pretty much have the counter space I need. However it would be very cool to make a cabinet with some decorative brick and a concrete counter top. I'd mount a turkey fryer burner in it and have a mid-height shelf on which to place my mini-WSM. :mrgreen:

I once saw someone post a pic of an outdoor kitchen with a granite countertop with two kettles mounted in them, flush. One of the cleanest looking setups I've seen.

table4.jpg

tHIS IS MINE AND i COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH IT NOTICE THE CUT OUT FOR THE HANDLES WITH THE METAL BRACE AND THE SQUARE TUBE THAT IS CUT AT AN ANGLE THAT HOLD THE KETTLE
table3.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of the cut out part it looks amazing

bobs8.jpg

You can see the square tubing used it was cut so the back piece slides under the rim of the kettle fo support

First off let me tell you that you did a fine job building this table. Looks awesome.
I can't make out how u mounted the kettle you think we could see a close up?
Are you going to stain it? Thanks

Jrow

does anyone have actual plans to make these tables?

Nice work Big Block! I like the Stok grates also

Back