modified my Bandera w/griddle

pitbossJB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got an idea the other day, realizing that the grill over the firebox is pretty much useless when you're smoking, I decided to add a flat iron griddle over the firebox. So I got some 1/2" plate and went to work. This is what I came up with:

Attachments

• DSC05621.jpg
    DSC05621.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC05624.jpg
    DSC05624.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC05625.jpg
    DSC05625.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC05628.jpg
    DSC05628.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC05633.jpg
    DSC05633.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC05635.jpg
    DSC05635.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 496
SWEET!!!! That's a really cool mod. Are you planning on attaching something to the front, to catch any juices? I sooooooo want a Bandera.

Matt

Nice!!! Where did you pick up the fire brick? Looking for some myself...

Yeah, I haven't fired it up yet, I was wondering the same thing. I suppose that I could always add another plate under it as a diffuser. I'll have to get the old temp. gun aimed at it and see. For that matter, how hot is a frying pan on the stove? JB

Looks great:thumb:, but I wonder the same as MS if it would be too hot to use.
Wonder what temps you would get on that.

Was just talking about this with someone yesterday...have you tried it yet? Wanna make a twin and get an unbiased review? ;)

Great idea! Why the side vent on the cabinet, though? Seems like your top racks would run cool - or was that the point? :)

Arlin

I especially like the full length shelf. Personally, I should probably put a net under my Bandera's smoke boxes (plural) seeing how many times I've dropped stuff on the ground. Actually, just a bit wider full-length shelf than you have.

it's now on my mod list.

Arlin MacRae, At the time I did it (side vent) I just thought it was a good idea. In retrospect, I'm not sure, but I can block one or the other or use a blend of both, so just more options :~) I'm going to fire it up this weekend and gather some info. I'll keep you posted. JB

Back