• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber SmokeFire First Cook

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did the burn in this .opening without any issues. Went through the shutdown procedure so I could pair with the app which required a software update.

Started it back up and set to 225 with a rack of ribs.

I have noticed a few anomalies in the temp control. After I out the ribs on it dropped to 190 on the screen even though my flame boss was reading around 240. It sat there for 6 or 8 min then fixed itself.

I will update throughout the day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Temp is where I have it set.
ba2392c3433dd26921bfce62e639ac7f.jpg

Ignore the fan and set temp. I'm only monitoring pit temp which is 3 degrees difference.

It's too clean! Dirty grates equal great taste.
Seriously, good luck and will be following. Congrats

Your smokefire works?!?! Mine has been in the toilet all day. Hopefully you can report back on the finished product. I gotta keep my hopes up that mine will be fixed and cranking out good q soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am seeing other reviews on Youtube and it isn't good.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but I will watch the videos and reviews with a grain of salt because I know there are a lot of idiots out there who will give negative reviews based on operator error. I doubt Weber spent millions developing this cooker for it to be a flop but I expect small glitches once it's tested outside of ideal conditions.

There's a fair bit different about the SmokeFire compared to most other grills on the market, IMO.

I like the amount of real estate on that thing....that's the only complaint I have about my Mak...I wish it was wider.

So do I.

Weber is so late to the game that they didn't invent anything or really add anything to the game.
Exactly. Weber is like the ancient Romans. They took everyone's technology throughout the Empire and tweaked it to call their own. The research was already done. The money Weber spent was ramping up production. I'm watching the reviews closely.

I'm really interested in hearing/ watching all the reviews after a month flies by. I love my kettle but it's time to upgrade. I've been going back and forth between three smokefire or an offset flight quite some time. Leaning toward a stick burner. My wife says I'll have more fun with it... she's probably right

I'm really interested in hearing/ watching all the reviews after a month flies by. I love my kettle but it's time to upgrade. I've been going back and forth between three smokefire or an offset flight quite some time. Leaning toward a stick burner. My wife says I'll have more fun with it... she's probably right

Get a well-made stickburner. The best made pellet grill is no match with a good stickburner.

For the most part mine worked fine. There was a little temp fluctuation. I was monitoring it with a flameboss.

The app is worthless. I assume they will improve it.

The hopper design could be better. Had the low pellet alarm go off because they weren't sliding down properly.

Back