MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #16
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

Well, my travel was approved, so I'll be gettimg on groundin austin about 530. Dont know how long getting out of airport will take but hope to be able to find somewhere to hit then.

Yeah I'm aware that Mondays, and the till sold out clause , could be issues. From what im seeing, looks like Blacks, Terry Blacks and Valentinas have Monday hours. The till sold out part may get me, but I'll try somewhere.

Tues and Wed, who knows what will happen. But i will leave these meeting people behind if they dont have good dinner ideas! I picked a late-ish flight back Thrsday, departs 5:20. That should give me time to get something good. Like i said, I'm toying with the idea of franklins that day.
Eckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 01-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckie View Post
Well, my travel was approved, so I'll be gettimg on groundin austin about 530. Dont know how long getting out of airport will take but hope to be able to find somewhere to hit then.

Yeah I'm aware that Mondays, and the till sold out clause , could be issues. From what im seeing, looks like Blacks, Terry Blacks and Valentinas have Monday hours. The till sold out part may get me, but I'll try somewhere.

Tues and Wed, who knows what will happen. But i will leave these meeting people behind if they dont have good dinner ideas! I picked a late-ish flight back Thrsday, departs 5:20. That should give me time to get something good. Like i said, I'm toying with the idea of franklins that day.

Nobody good will have legit Texas BBQ after about 2 PM except Terry Blacks. You either eat BBQ for lunch, or not at all for the most part.

Go to Franklin Thursday morning you leave. Get there about 6AM, do the line and eat, do a pit room tour (you have to ask for one) and you will be on the road to the airport by 1PM with hours to spare to return the rental, etc. You can sleep on the plane back home in a food coma.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:12 AM   #18
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
Nobody good will have legit Texas BBQ after about 2 PM except Terry Blacks. You either eat BBQ for lunch, or not at all for the most part.

Go to Franklin Thursday morning you leave. Get there about 6AM, do the line and eat, do a pit room tour (you have to ask for one) and you will be on the road to the airport by 1PM with hours to spare to return the rental, etc. You can sleep on the plane back home in a food coma.
Yeah, the evening bbq thing was a hope and a wish. Si silly sounding questiin, but do you ask for the pit room tour when you're paying for food or what? Like isnthere a way/place/time you're supposed to do it. I'm hoping Aaron will be there, would like to get his autograph on my cue cookbook. I dont reckon he's thenone that does the pit tours....?

Yes, food coma...i am expecting and anticipating that! I think i have felt my cholesterol rising since i started this trip planning and thread!
Old 01-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #19
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

Getting close now, less than a week......
Old 01-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #20
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

Made it to Blacks (Austin location) yesterday for lunch. Got 1/4 lb fatty, 1/4 lb lean, 1/4 lb pulled pork, and a beef rib. The fatty brisket was really good. Honestly, the lean was good but i was expecting more... The beef fib was impressive, totally too much food for one, but figured may not get a beef rib from a place that's "supposed to do them right" ever again.. It was very...beefy...as stupid as that sounds. The pork, well i honestly like what people around home do better.

Overall it was a good experience, but i think the long time anticipation set my mind and expectations up pretty high, if that makes any sense. And it does make me question if i want to go stand in line for hours at Franklin tomorrow....

Last edited by Eckie; 01-29-2020 at 05:21 PM..
Old 01-30-2020, 09:50 AM   #21
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

And....it's gonna work out! Cloudy, slightly chilly day (for Yexas) and a thursday, figured I'd yake mynyime.to.pack his am and ease this way, scope it out and see how it looked. Got here at 930, and holy cow the line isnt even out from the awning! Find a place to park and get in l8ne, about 30 people in front of me. Just came through getting then"order ideas" or whatever its called. This is really happening, and I didnt have to get here at the butt crack of dawn!
Old 01-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #22
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

O. M. G. That was unbelievable. Got brisket, pork ribs, reg sausage and some turkey. No wonder he alwaysnsells out, brisket was unbelievable. Pork ribs were excellent..even though back home i prefer a slightly sweet rib. The sauasge was very good, never really had that type of sausage before. I was impressed by the turkey, better than i thought it would be.
Only got cole slaw for a side, i liked it as well, not swimming in dressing. And all the staff was extremely nice, like nicer than chick fil a nice. Really glad i went, and that line conditions weren't bad when i got there.
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #23
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

What time did you get there?

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #24
Eckie
Full Fledged Farker

9:30!