MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
IowaWildHogsBbq
On the road to being a farker

Default Sams club info on cooking spaces.

Am I allowed to have my camper with me at my spot? New to this and was wondering before I registred thanks.
IowaWildHogsBbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
jaestar
Full Fledged Farker

As long as it fits in your 20x40 space.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
IowaWildHogsBbq

Thanks
IowaWildHogsBbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
EMTTLC

Actually they were real easy to work with. Two years ago in Birmingham they let us leave the cook trailer hooked to the motor home. Last year in Huntsville they let us put the motor home just outside the taped off area. I've been to comps that made us move six inches.
EMTTLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTTLC View Post
Actually they were real easy to work with. Two years ago in Birmingham they let us leave the cook trailer hooked to the motor home. Last year in Huntsville they let us put the motor home just outside the taped off area. I've been to comps that made us move six inches.
You cooking Sam's this year? I see they moved it to Knoxville.

Never mind! I see your post on the other thread. You ARE going to Knoxville. I'm going to try and get in to judge!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
thenewguy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Just the opposite in Des Moines last year...Troy might have just been wore out by then but he was pretty adamant about who parked where and how you fit into your spot, you had to be facing in certain directions, etc...
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
little bit of r & r
Knows what a fatty is.

I have cooked both Trussville and Huntsville and when I got there both times no one was there to help so I just setup where I wanted and never had a prolem
little bit of r & r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
I've been to comps that made us move six inches.
I didn't know you guys cooked in Merrimack, NH. Bring your tape measure to that one.

I have been to 4 Sam's contests so far, and had a motorhome in my spot at all but one. The first time was with a 34' RV with a trailer. I put the trailer in the lot. The other 2 were with a 40' toy hauler with slides. If you can fit in 40' you are good. Just fill your water tanks before you get there...no hoses.

Also, get there early if you are a tight fit. Since the sites are 40' wide, not 40' deep like other large site contests, it's a lot easier to pull in before you have neighbors.
KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote