MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #46
hmacmill
Got Wood.

I think this is a great idea. Here's my KC Style BBQ Sauce:
  • 2 cups Ketchup
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/4 cup Firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Molasses
  • ¼ cup White vinegar
  • 1 ½ tsp Celery seeds
  • 1 ½ tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Black pepper finely ground
  • 1 tsp Cumin, ground
  • ½ tbsp Onion powder
  • ½ tsp Chipotle powder
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Last edited by hmacmill; 01-27-2011 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: took out the salt. i need better config control on my recipe :)
hmacmill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
SmokinOkie
is one Smokin' Farker

Inferno.

One major hurdle for you. Having lived in Australia, I'm sure you won't be able to match all of the ingredients I know when I lived there it wasn't easy. What are you thougts about that? Brand types, here in the US can make a difference in some of the sauces. Keep that in mind.
Lastest Smokers (4) FEC100's including Twin Big Reds, FEPC1000 Pellet Grill, Cookshack 36" Charbroiler

[B][URL="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1159993040"]Smokin Okie on Facebook[/URL][/B]
A[B]uthor:[/B]
[URL="http://www.cookshack.com/Websites/cookshack/Images/2010brining101.pdf"]Brining 101 PDF[/URL] & [URL="http://www.cookshack.com/Websites/cookshack/Images/2010Turkey101.pdf"]Turkey 101 PDF[/URL]
SmokinOkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #48
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOkie View Post
Inferno.

One major hurdle for you. Having lived in Australia, I'm sure you won't be able to match all of the ingredients I know when I lived there it wasn't easy. What are you thougts about that? Brand types, here in the US can make a difference in some of the sauces. Keep that in mind.
^^^ Russ is right about this. For example, in mine:

55oz+- Contadina Tomato Sauce
28oz Steens Pure Cane Syrup
18oz Bama Grape Jelly
6oz Lee & Perins Worchestershire Sauce

The Contadina Tomato Sauce is significantly thinner than most, and has
much less sodium and no funky taste (like Hunts). While another pure
cane syrup will probably suffice, we've used other grape jellies before and
they're very different than Bama. Same for Lee & Perins, it's a very
spicy worchestershire sauce. They'd be hard to substitute....
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #49
btcg
Babbling Farker

Dittos on above.

The Whole Food's brand's molasses and brown sugar in my recipe give the sauce a distinct profile, as does the Old Grandad whiskey.

Also: I use Hunts tomato sauce: not as critical, but I like consistancy.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #50
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post

18oz Bama Grape Jelly

Lee and Perrins is an international brand, so that's OK
Cane syrup, available at USA Foods
Grape Jelly... could be a problem
Contadina Tomato Sauce.. how close is that to an Italian Passata, which is also very thin and not at all like Hunts (which is available at USA Foods)??

So far, most of the ingredients I've seen are available here... which is indeed a surprise. Infernooo will probably do OK!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #51
landarc

He could add Lyle's Golden Syrup to everything

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #52
infernooo
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by h00kemh0rns View Post
I say put the original post back up. If someone has a problem with it they don't have to participate in it.

It's not a bad idea and a huge endeavor to take on. I'd be curious what the results were.
Thank you for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Yes throw the OP back up, I saw it earlier and did not have time to respond. I will even participate, you won't get the ones I might potentially sell, but I will throw something good into the mix.
Thanks, I will look forward to it! I completely understand regarding sauces that people may intend to market, in which case your second best tried and tested recipe may have to do ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Infernoo is not a troll. He's a good bloke.

I kinda thought it was a lot to ask, and that this would have been recieved better if he was a subscriber, able to make friends etc etc. Anyway, don't dogpile him, he's not a theif, just maybe did not understand the full implications of what he was asking. It would be good if you all could show some encouragement so we can have another interested subscribed member.

Thank You... that's enough seriousness from me today....

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks Bill, I was actually a subscriber from 2009 and 2010, but have only just renewed (as I had major Paypal issues).

Thanks again for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Admin note:

infernoo, I apologize for not catching this earlier. We would have stopped any potential dogpiling.

Nay-sayers, If you dont like how this is presented, then dont participate.. but more importantly, do NOT call out our members. If you see something that may be awry, use the report post button, state your case and the moderating team will work thorough the issues.

Infernoo, I can restore your original thread. Some members are willing to participate. Its up to you, but my vote is to continue your adventure.
Thanks for that... I really did not intend to upset anyone, and I suppose I was just hoping that if people were not interested in competing, they simply would not, rather than attacking me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Since when has asking for BBQ sauce recipes made someone a troll? The guy said he wanted recipes and that he would make them himself, and compare them to his own subjective opinion to find out what sauce he liked best. Where is the foul with that?

Besides, it's not like he is someone who has just one or two posts and comes in to the forums to try and start stuff up. So where's the foul here?
Thanks Bigabyte, you are one of my favourite posters and I LOVE your tutorials and experiments. Being into science myself, I think our interests definitely aline quite closely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I agree with Bigabyte, I use commercial sauces mostly, but, I would give him my base recipe without any fears. The problem is I do not work from recipes mostly.
Cheers, appreciate the support ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
He has been a member here for two years with many good posts. I say let's give him a little slack on this idea.
Thanks! I try to help out where possible, and really enjoy the knowledge shared on this site. Some people are extremely secretive, especially those with a financial interest, but I can respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Yeah, I've to to side with Chris on this one. I found the whole premise a tad humorous, but calling some a troll and/or a thief is a little out of bounds.
Thanks again, I was a bit surprised to see comments regarding me trying to steal sauces to sell as my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h00kemh0rns View Post
I say put the original post back up. If someone has a problem with it they don't have to participate in it.

It's not a bad idea and a huge endeavor to take on. I'd be curious what the results were.
It certainly is a huge endeavor, but my taste buds are up to it! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bob View Post
OK, I'm in. Here's one that gets good reviews. It's not my secret recipe, but I think is a very good one.

http://thehogblog.com/?p=34

I look forward to seeing your results, great idea!
Thanks Bob, just a quick check though, you have tried this yourself? If so, this will be number 2 to try!

Quote:
Holy Cow... Infernoo... that's potentially a lot of work!

It's a bloody shame you're in Sydney... I could pop over and help out but no such luck.

Also, RU sure you are going to be able to get all the ingredients?

Oh well, I am sure we will see the results as time goes by.

Good luck, I'll be watching!

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks Bill. Ingredients are not an issue, I can pretty much get my hands on anything (I also have a US forwarding address so I can order groceries etc from US stores).

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcg View Post
So, you're going to make these yourself?

Okay, knock yourself out.

Here's one of mine that's pretty popular:

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/bi...-bbq-sauce.htm

For the latest version: double the brown sugar (I like it sweeter these days) and use Old Grandad's Whiskey. Excellent on chicken.
Thank you for the entry! You were the first in, so yours will be made first ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
If Bill gets warmed up too much there is gonna be trouble.

A Base Recipe:

4 cups vinegar, I use cider or rice vinegar
1/2 piece of nutmeg coarsely crushed
8 to 10 peppercorns, lightly cracked
5 whole cloves, lightly cracked
2 bay leaves cracked in quarters
1/8 stick cinnamon

Slowly simmer vinegar until reduced to +/- 3 cups, add aromatics and reduce to +/- 2 cups. This should appear a little syrupy. Filter and cool. Filtering must be done hot, do not inhale.

2 cups red wine, I prefer Merlot for this. Any red wine that is not really tannic would work, whatever wine you choose, the flavor will be enhanced. An Aussie GSM would be great.

Reduce by slowly simmering to 1/2 cup, should be syrupy.

Combine the vinegar reduction with the wine reduction. You should have 2-1/2 cups more or less. Add:

1/4 cup Worcestershire or fish sauce
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (honey, malt syrup, agave syrup, medium syrup, corn syrup)
1 tablespoon dry mustard

Adjust sweetness for taste. I prefer a lighter sweetness and will often go with light honey. Heat the vinegar, wine and sweeteners to combine and reduce. You should end up with 3 cups of sauce. This is my base that I add other flavorings to.

Things I add...ketchup, molasses, prepared mustard,
bourbon
Wow, quite a complex recipe, though I am DEFINITELY up to it! Thank you for the submission Sir.

Quote:
And, by the way infernooo and to others, the sauces I listed above we actually use
in competitions. I've also posted what we use for rubs. Not that I've won so much
that anyone is salivating to shig my stuff. The truth is that even if we make the
exact same rubs and sauces, we'll end up applying them in different amounts and at
different times and using different amounts of smoke and cooking at different temps
that the barbecue will always taste different.

Glean what you can and enjoy making sauces, infernooo.
For giving out your competition sauce, I have to give you my thanks and complete respect Sir... I really appreciate it and look forward to testing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
I didn't see the OP, but I think it's a shame that it turned out this way. It looks like he was asking for sauce recipes, right? Don't we share recipes all the time? Come on guys, you made SmokinAussie get serious for a bit...that should show you something's wrong.

Infernoo, if I had a sauce recipe, I'd share it...I just beg Big Brother Smoke to sell me some of his... LOL
You have tried his? Praise from a fellow brethren... it must be pretty damn good! p.s. thank you for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Big Brother Smokes All Purpose BBQ Sauce

256 oz. Ketchup (2 cans)
¼ cup your favorite rub (I use Sweet and Spicy)
1 quart Apple Sauce
10 oz. Apple Butter
1 cup Apple Cider
2 cup Apple Juice
1 cup Honey
¼ Garlic Powder
1/ 4 cup Onion Powder
1/8 cup Oregano
1/8 Thyme
½ cup Yellow Mustard
1/8 cup red pepper flakes

Bring to a boil and let sit in the pot for about 12 hours or until cool before storing.

This is a good base sauce and you can doctor it easily (I always do based on my mood) with brown sugar for more of a sweetner; cayenne for heat; red food color or caramel food color for more of a mahogony thing. If you need more smoke flavor use cumin not liquid choke, I mean liquid smoke.
Thank you for the recipe, it looks VERY interesting and I look forward to trying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post

I didn't see the OP either. I agree, though, with the thoughts that this got pretty serious pretty quick. What's wrong with asking for sauce recipes? Seems like he's been pretty straight up to me.

.....buncha meanies!

I'll play!

MY all time favorite sauce is a South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce.
I can't claim it....it's from Steve Raichlen's BBQ USA. I LOVE mustard/vinegar based sauces.

1 tbs butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup Dijon mustard
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs hot sauce (I use Tobasco usually, or other "Louisiana style" sauce
1/2 cup water
Course salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper

Melt butter in saucepan.
Add onion and garlic and cook intil soft, but NOT brown (about 3 min).
Stir in mustard, brown sugar, vinegar and hot sauce and water.
Let simmer, uncovered, until thick and richly flavored, 6 to 10 min.
Taste for seasoning, add S&P or more hot sauce to taste.
Let sauce cool to room temp before serving (I don't usually do this).
Yields about cups.

The only other thing I like to do regularly is to just jeat up some Sweet Baby Ray's and add some ground cayenne and white vinegar to give it some "snap". That's good stuff as well.

Other than that....it's Famous Dave's out of the bottle or "stock" SBR's.
Thanks Wampus, it does not matter that it is not yours, only that you have tried it and can highly recommend it, so it is on my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyphor View Post
This one is a one my son likes I spice mine up with a drop of Blair 2 am

Kansas City Style BBq Sauce Style

2 cups water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons molasses
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Add Heat to your level of tolerance

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.
2. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thick.
3. Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight so that flavors can develop.
Makes 2 cups.
Thank you for the submission Phyphor, added to the list to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
I have made this one a couple times, got it from one of Steven Raichlen's books. If you like to drink the bourbon whisky then this one is for you. I am a scotch man myself but this sauce still tastes pretty good. One suggestion I have is don't put crap whisky in it. If you aint gonna drink it then dont cook with it.

From Barbecue! Bible : Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes ~ Steven Raichlen
STILL HOUSE BARBECUE SAUCE

1 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey
1 cup ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup onion, very finely chopped
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke

Combine all the ingredients in a large, heavy, nonreactive saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and briskly simmer, uncovered, until richly flavored and slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon. Use right away or transfer to jars, cover, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate. The sauce will keep for several months. Makes about 4 cups.
Brush this sauce on ribs, chicken, or pork during the last 10 minutes of cooking. And serve plenty of it on the side.
Cheers gixxer, and don't you worry, all alcohol used will be top quality (unless specified otherwise ;) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjack View Post
Mate, I don't measure when I make sauces, but I'll give you an outline. Biting my tongue on the rest, but I bet you're a bit of a mind reader, eh?! ;)
30 - 40 birds eye chillies, chuck in a handfull of chipotles too, if you like
5 habs, either choc or orange
1 whole pineapple fresh
2 whole mangoes
1 onion minced
1 carrot grated
2 litres breakfast juice
2 tbs fresh ground black pepper
couple shots of Inner Circle.. more if I can bear to part with it
2 - 3 cups vinegar, apple cider usually, also some white balsamic for flavour
Garlic, lots

Simmer to reduce, blitz with the missus's little mate, salt to taste, add whatever it needs to round it out. It ain't rocket science mate, so I tend to tip and guesstimate.
Currently still eating one I made over 12 months ago, still got balls, and tastes great.
Enjoy your quest, hope the hypocrites haven't given you reflux.

Edit, brainfade.. wtf forgets garlic?
Thanks Jack, that looks VERY interesting and like it will have quite a kick!

Quote:
Infernooo, welcome back.

I know I've already submitted mine with 2 variations. This is a sauce that I make
every once in a while and will probably make another batch tonight. It's a very
regional vinegar pepper sauce in the vein of Blues Hog Tennessee Red. Someone
in another thread asked "who trained/taught the experts" and I said "old guys, many
who are no longer with us". This recipe is just that, a VERY old recipe (probably 70 or
more years old) where the author is no longer with us. RIP Ray.

Ray's BBQ Sauce:

1 Quart Twelve Oaks Colored Vinegar (no substitutes)
1 Pint Ketchup
2 T Salt
1 T Black Pepper
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
Juice from 1 Lemon

Mix in pot and bring to boil, stir to keep from sticking.
Let cool, put in storage container and refrigerate.
Thank you Sir, this has been added to the list, though I will try your first one before this ;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMac View Post
Here's one that I used to win a backyard comp last year:

1/2C Peach Preserves (These were homemade by MamaMac, but any with just peaches and sugar, no pectin should be good)
1/4C Honey
1/4C Gentleman Jack Whisky (Whiskey for you Yanks)
1/2C BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's original, but any bottled KC Style sauce should work)
1 tsp. Pepper Sauce (I used Chipotle Tabasco)
1 tsp. Lemon Juice

I processed in a food processor until smooth, no cooking needed
Wow, a comp winning sauce - thank you Sir! I will look forward to trying this when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FUNVET View Post
This is what i used when i cooked at my American Legion Post. This basic recipe will make about 1-1/2 cups. It's sweet and lightly spicy.

3/4 cup peach preserves
1/2 cup Jack Daniels (or any sour mash bourbon)
1/3 cup raspberry or other fruit vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1-2 teaspoons Crystal hot sauce( or any brand hot sauce)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
In a small saucepan,combine all ingredients except hot sauce. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, until slightly thickened,about 10 minutes. Stir in hot sauce to taste.Can be made up to a month ahead and refrigerated. Reheat before using.
A fruity and boozy recipe, always interesting to have a large range of recipes in the mix to try - thank you for the submission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacmill View Post
I think this is a great idea. Here's my KC Style BBQ Sauce:

2 cups Ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup Firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons Molasses
¼ cup White vinegar
1 ½ tsp Celery seeds
1 ½ tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Black pepper finely ground
1 tsp Cumin, ground
½ tbsp Onion powder
½ tsp Chipotle powder

Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sounds lovely, I will let you know when I am up to you in the queue! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOkie View Post
Inferno.

Hi SmokinOkie. This is not a problem, I have access to pretty much any ingredient I need (including specific brands). Thank you for the heads up though!

Quote:

18oz Bama Grape Jelly

When I make your recipe I will take note of your comments, and if I cannot get the EXACT brand, I will use your description to get the closest available. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcg View Post
Dittos on above.

The Whole Food's brand's molasses and brown sugar in my recipe give the sauce a distinct profile, as does the Old Grandad whiskey.

Also: I use Hunts tomato sauce: not as critical, but I like consistancy.
I have taken note of this and will use those when making your recipe. Thank you Sir!

Quote:
Lee and Perrins is an international brand, so that's OK
Cane syrup, available at USA Foods
Grape Jelly... could be a problem
Contadina Tomato Sauce.. how close is that to an Italian Passata, which is also very thin and not at all like Hunts (which is available at USA Foods)??

So far, most of the ingredients I've seen are available here... which is indeed a surprise. Infernooo will probably do OK!
Already have a few brands of grape jelly, as well as a source for contadina tomato sauce. Thanks Bill!

So far, here is the order of the sauces I will be trying:

#1 btcg (http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/bi...-bbq-sauce.htm)
#2 Mister Bob (http://thehogblog.com/?p=34)
#3 Lake Dogs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=11)
#4 Roxy's S.C mustard sauce (sent via PM - http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/bi...-bbq-sauce.htm)
#5 SoFlaQuer's Carolina mustard sauce (sent via PM - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...-mustard-sauce)

#6 landarc (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...6&postcount=26)
#7 big brother smoke (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=31)
#8 wampus (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...3&postcount=36)
#9 phyphor (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...8&postcount=39)
#10 gixxer (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...5&postcount=40)
#11 justjack (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=41)
#12 Lake Dogs (2) (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=42)
#13 fattymac (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...2&postcount=43)
#14 1FUNVET (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...6&postcount=45)
#15 hmacmill (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=46)
infernooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #53
ShutYrMouth
Full Fledged Farker

try this one if ya'd like.
my brother and i whipped this one up one day.
MUST use fresh blueberries. DONT add extra sugar. Will turn gelatinous.
If ya make it correctly, it has an awesome color and flavor.

Add to pot on the stove. Stir in each ingredient. Use a emersion blender to blend it all together. Cook on low until its good.

Blueberry BBQ Sauce

1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon worcestershire
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon chipotle tabasco
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon oj
WSM 22.5'
Weber Kettle
ShutYrMouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #54
Mister Bob
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernooo View Post
Thank you for the support!

Thanks Bob, just a quick check though, you have tried this yourself? If so, this will be number 2 to try!
Of course I have, many times. It's a great recipe, if a little complicated. Again, I look forward to your results!
Mister Bob, Pitmaster - Smokestack Lightning, Bad Ass Barbecue. KCBS CBJ #31759 - IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
Mister Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #55
chromestacks
Full Fledged Farker

although I was hesitant, here is the one I like the most:

1 cup ketchup
1 cup coke a cola soda
1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup lemmon juice
1Tbs onion powder
1Tbs garlic powder
1Tbs cummin
1 ts black pepper
14 Oz KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce

Add all liquid ingredients to a 4 qt pot and bring to a boil. wisk in dry ingredients and simmer until sauce thickens. remove from heat and allow to cool to room tempature. refrigerate overnight before using for best results. This is not my recipie but one I found on the internet and modified verry little. orgin.....unknown

Last edited by chromestacks; 01-28-2011 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
chromestacks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #56
landarc

I have decided that Infernoo is not a recipe troll, he is a lunatic, looking at that list of things he is going to try makes me dizzy...

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by landarc; 01-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: forgot smiley

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #57
jestridge

maybe he bored!!!
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #58
jestridge

BTW why do this when you can buy Sweet Baby Ray or Cattleman
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #59
landarc

Well, I don't much care for Cattleman's, and Sweet Baby Ray's is good, but, there are a lot better. Actually, I don't like thickened sauces. I do use Big Butz sauces pretty regularly now. But, trying new things is always interesting.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Old 01-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #60
deguerre

Actually, one of my favorite sauces on pulled pork (accompanied by a sweet vinegar slaw) is simply 2 cups cider vinegar, 1 and 1/2 TBS cayenne, 1/2 TBS salt and a slice of lemon. Shaken and left to sit overnight. Shake before serving as the cayenne settles out.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->