BBQ Brethren "Cook It Like Cowgirl" Throwdown!

So let me get this straight. I have to "cook" a ham sandwich?

COPMLETELY kidding of course. Cowgirl is an amazing cook, and I long to try her gravy buscuits one day.

I've been meaning to make a fatty piston ever since I saw it on Cowgirl's Blog.

This throwdown was the perfect opportunity to put one together.

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

Promised a little girl that we could pick apples so I'll add more pictures later.

Official Entry

RF1.jpg

RF2.jpg

Now that i have my piston what the heck should I do. While working up a meatball recipe with my wife I came across the recipe I used for Reuben Balls. :idea: Reuben Fatty

RF3.jpg

Time to try out the piston

RF4.jpg

I drained off the sauerkraut and heated it up on the stove until most of the water had steamed away. I threw in the corned beef and cheese just long enough to get the cheese to start melting.

Time to stuff it it.

RF5.jpg

I can't believe that all of that fit in there :shocked:

That all chilled in the fridge.

Now for the fatty rest of the story.

I chopped up the remaining Swiss cheese and sprinkled it on my ground sausage.

RF6.jpg

Crossed my fingers and tried out the piston.

RF7.jpg

Perfect :thumb:

weave

RF8.jpg

roll
RF9.jpg

Cook

RF10.jpg

RF11.jpg

Slice

RF12.jpg

RF14.jpg

Eat

RF15.jpg

Not nearly as pretty as what Cowgirl makes but it was farking good.

Absolutely beautiful! I was thinking of getting my fattie piston out for this one (if I can find it), but once again, you beat me to it. I love that combination, absolutely superb. The only weakness is that Jeanie wraps her fatties diagonally. :becky:

Absolutely beautiful! I was thinking of getting my fattie piston out for this one (if I can find it), but once again, you beat me to it. I love that combination, absolutely superb. The only weakness is that Jeanie wraps her fatties diagonally. :becky:

Thanks Gore

I'm hoping the piston gets me close to Cooking Like Cowgirl. I wish I had tried the diagonal wrap. I like how that looks.

So there you go - find that piston and go diagonal.

Thanks Gore

I'm hoping the piston gets me close to Cooking Like Cowgirl. I wish I had tried the diagonal wrap. I like how that looks.

So there you go - find that piston and go diagonal.

Fark, are you crazy? I can't compete with you directly! I wouldn't get a vote! The only chance I have is to come up with something really stupid. The problem is that is impossible for this TD. I just can't see Cowgirl making anything like BBQ corn. :tsk:

This entry is an official entry.

Cowgirl likes biscuits and gravy. I like biscuits and gravy. Simple.

Here's a naked fatty I cooked up last night on the miniWSM.

Biscuit1.jpg

I crumbled the fatty and rolled it in Pilsbury Crescent Roll dough with some shredded cheese. I sliced it into biscuity pinwheel thingys.

Biscuit4.jpg

Baked them at 350 in the miniWSM on a foil wrapped ceramic tile.

biscuit6.jpg

Served them with some cream gravy made from bacon renderings, flour, milk and ground black pepper (use this one please).

Biscuit11.jpg

Here's my cowgirl eating like a cowgirl.

Biscuit12.jpg

Enjoy

I don't recall Cowgirl ever using a cute-kid crutch, and so far all the entries have them. :tsk: I can see the competition is going to be fierce in this one.

Great entries fellas! I'd eat copious amounts of both any time... :clap:

Gore it looks like we will have to find other cute crutches of our own... :idea:

This is so not the thread to look through at 9:30 AM when you haven't eaten yet......:tsk:

You people are all cheating! So far I have not seen one photo of someone cooking with all their hair brushed over their face! Chris ! Chris... this is not fair!!! DQ them at ONCE I say!:heh:

I don't recall Cowgirl ever using a cute-kid crutch, and so far all the entries have them. :tsk: I can see the competition is going to be fierce in this one.

But I don't have a cute kid ... does that mean I can't play? Should I go ask some random cute kid off the side of the road to come take pictures for me? :redface:

Back