• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Which Cabinet Smoker

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Can handle 2 Butts, 2 Briskets and 4 racks of Spares at once ? What are the Smallest- size and price wise- that could handle it? :wacko:

Backwoods Party Ext.?

Last edited:
Regualr Assassain? Rebel 23? Superior SS 3/2? Humphreys DownEast Beast?

The Humphrey's Down East Beast........

http://www.humphreysbbq.squarespace.com/smokers/the-downeast-beast

db4.jpg

Last edited:
Spicewine makes outstanding cookers that are built like tanks. If you want a cooker that turns out great product and one that will last for a very, very long time up need to check these out. Attached are a couple of pics of my Large Spicewine. Call Spicewine Iron Works to learn more and go to their site to see their cookers, you will be glad you did.

Good luck

Attachments

• cleaned up.jpg
    cleaned up.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC01979.jpg
    DSC01979.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 734
Give the XL Baby by Stumps a look. The original gravity flow smoker.

Yup that looks like it could handle it. So Med. SpiceWine, Lonestar, DownEast Beast, Superior SS2, Assassian 28 all seem like they could handle it.

If any off yall Guys have these smokers - stage 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks of spares and take a pic and post for us. If you are adventurous then cook 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks and post pics........:thumb:

Humphreys Pint too small? anyone got one?

There is no way a chubby or a half pint can do that at once. You need to talk about responsible loading of a pit. Airflow needs to occur. The smallest pits I would even attempt that on is
G2 fatboy
Assassin 23
Cubed box- drop in pan
Downeast beast
FEC 100
G2 party-ext party
Pint

Drop the theoretical numbers down to 3 racks, and things become more realistic

Fwiw

Last edited:
If any off yall Guys have these smokers - stage 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks of spares and take a pic and post for us. If you are adventurous then cook 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks and post pics........:thumb:

Humphreys Pint too small? anyone got one?

heres 3 racks of spares on a 20x22" rack. in order to do 4, a 2nd grate is needed. any tighter spacing and airflow suffers to much

1376493_550668558341447_2041716258_n.jpg

Looking to start spending some of your "hard earned" Smitty?

Can I ask why you are looking to do all that food at once in one cooker (looking to start competing or catering :wink:)? Your UDS could be used if you need all that food for a single gathering. My other question would be if you are willing to do your ribs in a rack. You might be able to get creative that way.

Just doing some research -- if and when I can get a Cabinet smoker I would want to be able to do 2 -2-4 year if needed- like family reunion or work event or something - UDS would be on Chicken Duty - but still be small enough to reasonably cook one brisket or 1 to 2 butts.

So if I was looking today I think it would be between Humphreys Pint and the Backwoods Party Extended.

Would the right rib rack allow four racks on one shelf in some of these smokers?

Last edited:
I would think that the rib rack would be able to stand up on a shelf at ~ the same height as the butts, so yeah I would think so.

Would the right rib rack allow four racks on one shelf in some of these smokers?

Yes, if the grate spacing is right.

I'm doing a custom build on an uninsulated vertical cabinet (client wanted something less expensive) right now (headed over to my shop to fire up the mig after a fnal cup of coffee) and we settled on 3 cooking grates with 8" spacing so briskets & butts would have plenty of of room but with angled rib racks we could easily load 4 racks of spares, maybe 5.

As mentioned previously and you already know this spacing and air flow is important. Finally, the spare ribs I buy come 9 to a case, the SL trimmed ones come 12 to a case; I generally think in terms of being able to cook a case at a time.

Back