• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Second cooking demo attempt, grilling burgers

TailGateJoecom

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know that absolutely NOBODY on this board needs this demo on how to quickly and easily grill a burger, but figure I'd post here as I am just starting out with these cooking demos and this is the second one.

Besides, I can use the views to kickstart the clip on youtube. Any subscribes and positive comments to the youtube channel would be appreciated. If you have a youtube channel let me know and I'll do the same. Also, any ideas for grilling/bbq/tailgating video topics would be welcomed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7jQVKe-u4"]How to Grill a Hamburger - YouTube[/ame]

I know that absolutely NOBODY on this board needs this demo on how to quickly and easily grill a burger

I always enjoy tutorials, even with burgers- often times you'l notice one or two things done differently that others don't show.

I always enjoy tutorials, even with burgers- often times you'l notice one or two things done differently that others don't show.

Thanks. I think my first one turned out well, on grilling a whole beef tenderloin. Gonna shoot a bunch of these during the next few months.

A tutorial and a morning chuckle all in one neat package. Thanks so much. I'll come back for more.
That is if you let a guy who toasts his buns watch your videos.

That was actually a nice little video, just a shame that you're a Jets fan! That seems like it'd be a misery in its own!

Thanks for all the possitive comments guys. And yeah, being a Jets fan does come with more than its share of misery.

I liked it too, straight to the point.
I avoid videos...so many of them are too long or half of the video is a pic of someone's mid section with their head cut off.

Yours was quick, to the point and had no lulls in the conversation.
Great job!! :clap2:

nice video... i can understand the hockey puck pre-form burgers for tailgating but as a fellow New Yorker, I hope you use ground chuck at home. :laugh:

Thanks guys! Got some plans for a few more. I think I'm gonna do a dessert involving bacon next week.

Outside of the NY "BBQ" burger, it's a great video. Down south, and technically, you are grilling on a grill.

nice video... i can understand the hockey puck pre-form burgers for tailgating but as a fellow New Yorker, I hope you use ground chuck at home. :laugh:

Actually, those burgers you are seeing there are the best burgers you can get your hands on. I work with the great people over at Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors, who are easily the best meat guys in NY. They are the meat behind almost every great burger in NY. You can google them and see what I mean.

We get a chuck/short rib/brisket blend. These burgers are made to order. I place my order Thursday, they grind them up and form them Friday(their production is closed Saturday) for a Sunday AM party. They are formed to my specs, I order 6 or 7 oz burgers depending on my menu, formed a little thinner than their standard thickness to aid in quick grilling. It is a coarse grind and lightly packed burger, so it comes out super juicy and melts in your mouth. They charge me the same whether they form them for me or send me bulk meat. I packed some myself, really no difference. When I need them for longer term storage they even cryopac them in 4--to-a-cup cryopacs.

Outside of the NY "BBQ" burger, it's a great video. Down south, and technically, you are grilling on a grill.

Yeah, I know, lol. The majority on NYers don't realize what "bbq" really is. I don't think I made mention of bbq, well, other than mention i like coarse grind pepper when I am barbequing. But lol, yeah, I got ya.

Interesting story, in my research, I have dug up a very popular NY BBQ cook that lived in the late 19th century. He was very well known in the South for his barbecue but not so much in NY.

I may write about him sometime soon.

Hi Joe,
First - props for insisting that people leave the meat alone and in particular not to mash it.

I thought your delivery and manner flowed well once you got started. Instructions were clear and understandable.

Not so good parts - 45 seconds before you actually provided any good information. Your lead in was entertaining but when I'm searching youtube for information, I'm not looking for entertainment.

Your camera man needs to try harder to avoid jerky camera movement.

I am not a videographer nor do I have a youtube channel or brand, but you asked for impressions and that's what I'm offering.

Good lick with your endeavor!

Hi Joe,
First - props for insisting that people leave the meat alone and in particular not to mash it.

I thought your delivery and manner flowed well once you got started. Instructions were clear and understandable.

Not so good parts - 45 seconds before you actually provided any good information. Your lead in was entertaining but when I'm searching youtube for information, I'm not looking for entertainment.

Your camera man needs to try harder to avoid jerky camera movement.

I am not a videographer nor do I have a youtube channel or brand, but you asked for impressions and that's what I'm offering.

Good lick with your endeavor!

Great, thanks, I'm definitely looking for constructive criticism.

Good luck.Couple of good tips interspersed in there somewhere. :wink:Will not fit all but has it's place.Thanks for the time and effort. :clap:

Well, I enjoyed it. A mix of humor and grilling. I particularly enjoyed the bleep outs. Kinda real life stuff at a tail gate.

So, I would call that a great first step on cooking burgers. So, next step could be what you do to/with them to make them f(bleep)arking awesome. Grilled onions, peppers, shrooms? Can't wait to see!

Back