Making up for lost time...ton of pr0n for you!

cazzy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I took a break from posting, but I didn't stop q'ing. This is what I've been up to the last 12 months...enjoy! :smile:

Spicy Ginger Teriyaki Wings...marinated for 24 hours, then basted 3 times on the grill with fresh marinade.

Tri Tip and split chicken breast. Seasoned with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express.

Pork Shoulder...seasoned with Dizzy Dust and smoked with apple wood.

Spatchcock...seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raging River...hickory wood.

Mexican Corn Salad

Chilean sea bass

Sautéed mushrooms and carrots

In parchment pouch, laid sea bass on shrooms and carrots...topped with lemon slices and cherry tomatos. Added rosemary and thyme to pouch, fish seasoned with raging river

Brisket seasoned with Texas BBQ Grand Champion. Oak for smoke

New York Strip, seasoned with S&P, topped with garlic butter balls

Turkey brined for 36 hours, left uncovered in fridge for 24 before smoking with cherry wood. seasoned with DP Red Eye Express

Pizza...dough made using this recipe:http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

Sauce was Cento Crushed Tomatos

Chicken sous vide for 90 minutes @ 147. Pan seared the chicken to finish em off

80/20 chuck on kaiser roll. Bacon/avocado and seasoned with S&P

Brisket, seasoned with 50/50 S&P...oak for smoke.

Cast Iron Pan Pizza. Cento Crushed tomatoes, mozzarella, peperoni and mushrooms...used a wet dough I can't find a link to right now.

Wings seasoned with DP Jamaican Firewalk/corn starch mixture

Spicy Teriyaki Wings

Pork Tenderloin, seasoned with Red Eye Express and Cowlick. Apple for smoke

Prime Rib-Eyes...seasoned with S&P and topped with garlic butter balls.

Last edited:
Great pics but would be more interesting if there were a few words around what you did. Thanks for the post!

I can't type, this thread made my brain lock in continuous drool. You my friend can seriously rock the smoke.

Dang. That is some impressive cooking. Where do you find tri-tips in SA?

Great pics but would be more interesting if there were a few words around what you did. Thanks for the post!

Ok, that's the best I can do for now. Please feel free to ask me any questions!

Wow! That all looks amazing. Tri-tips are non-existent around here, so I have yet to try one. I would love to get some of those wing recipes though.

Damn. You've got the whole spectrum covered there! :twisted:

Those all look great, but if they were all placed in front of me, the wings would be the first to disappear. They are my greatest weakness...

Ask and you shall receive!

cazzy's wings
IMG_0889.jpg

8d5e1fa8.jpg

Ingredients needed
Chicken wings (whole or cut to flappers and drumettes)
1 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Mirin Rice Wine
1 tbsp fresh ginger root (peeled and grated)
1 tsp chili flakes
*I use this as a base and multiply quantities based on need.

Making the marinade
In a sauce pan, bring soy, brown sugar and mirin rice wine to a boil and leave on heat till brown sugar has dissolved. Stir regularly and throughout after boil to avoid scorching. Low heat and add ginger and chili flakes. Simmer for 10 min while stirring regularly. Remove from heat and refrigerate.

****The longer you let the chili flakes steep, the better your results will be as the sweet heat will really come through. Plan ahead and you'll be golden Ponyboy!

Marination
Marinate wings for 24 hours in chilled marinade prior to cook (the chili flakes will rise to the top so shake it up). I use a gallon bag to marinate because I like to lay bag flat and flip after 12 hours.

****Hold some marinade back for basting. Some members will boil the marinade after they remove the wings and use that for basting. Whatever you're comfortable with.

The cook
Fire up your pit and stabilize at 375-400. I use a adjustable rig with a 16" drip pan and cook above the felt line. Place drumettes on outside and flappers in the middle because it will be hotter on the outside due to the drip pan. This is the anal part but I find it really makes the wings tacky and layers the flavor. At 10 min, I baste with marinade, then again at 15min. At 20min I flip and baste and then baste again at 25 min. This process is why I use a drip pan cause the marinade will make your lump smoke a undesirable taste into the wings. Your wings will be at about 145-150 and should really start having a beautiful brownish red color. Remove at 175-185ish as this will ensure the collagen breaks down. Some may go over a lil but no worries, it's hard to screw up wangs!!

Using different soy sauces will change the flavor a tad and you can reduce/increase ginger and chili flakes based on preference. Feel free to ask me any questions!

The process is obviously what I use on my egg, but I've done these on a pit my gramps made me from a water heater and had great results.

The other wings are nothing special...just put some of your favorite rub into a zip lock bag and add corn starch. Shake it up and use that to season your wings and your end result will be a crispier wing. Use either a 4:1 or 3:1 rub to corn starch ratio.

Last edited:
Back