Pork tenderloins with Italian herbs, spiced pears, and cheesy garlic bread (lots of pics)

S

Smiter Q

Hi all, :becky:

Had a great grill experience Wednesday night. Cooked two amazing pork tenderloins that I had slathered in an Italian herb paste/wet rub. Also grilled up some spiced fresh pears for the sweet to offset the salty herbed crust on the pork. Lastly, some cheesy garlic bread and a nice spinach salad with a homemade vinaigrette. Best part is that me and the GF ate one tenderloin, and have the second for tomorrow evening. The tenderloins cost $6.95. What a GREAT VALUE for such an awesome set of meals. The pic below shows how they came out, incredibly juicy with a nice crust.

x50-1.jpg

1.jpg

FIRST... made the rub slather with EVO, fresh garlic, Cider vinegar, black pep, oregano, and dried Italian herb mix. Used the mini processor to whirl it all up, then dumped it on the tenderloins. Mixed it good by hand, and let it sit for an hour. Cut up a couple of pears, and dusted them with some cardamon and nutmeg. Thought this would offset the saltiness of the crust.

2.jpg

Photos should show more of a greenish paste due to the herbs, it was not as dark as the pics look.
3.jpg

The pears with cardamon and nutmeg.
4.jpg

Everything is on the grill and moving along nicely. Two tenderloins, cheesy garlic bread, and the pears. Plenty of room for everyone, without any fighting. :boxing::boxing:

5.jpg

Tenderloins are off the grill now, and resting nicely. Pulled them just about 140. Also a close up of the meat crust (not sure what to call it, as it was not like a brisket bark, but thinner... but ohhh sooo tasty.)

6.jpg

7.jpg

Pears and cheese bread over direct to finish up now.

AmandasGrill035.jpg

Bread is off
AmandasGrill036.jpg

The finished plate! Everything tasted GREAT. Never did pears before on the grill, but I was extremely satisfied with the sweet taste they gave and how they contrasted and complemented against the herbed tenderloins. My camera in the evening light made the meat look a little pinker than it was. This was definitely cooked, moist, and tasted FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

x1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's some good eating right there. Next time try coating some quartered spuds with your herb paste to go along with that pork.

man that looks awesome! nice job! I love me pork tenderloins and yours look done just right.

The condemned man ate a hearty meal. (Hanna Montana movie mod)

Smiter, that is one amazing looking tenderloin.

looks awesome Brian!! perfect looking meal!

quick question - was the hour of marinating enough? I'd like to give it a try but was wondering if an over night soak would be better or too much?

Thanks everyone! Just had lunch today with cubed pieces on top of a spinach salad. Yum again!

@Neil, thanks for the tip on the spuds! I will try that next time indeed!

@Lionhrt, about 10 minutes indirect, maybe another 5 plus direct

@Knucklehead, I had them in an hour before I started the grill prep, so by the time it went on the grill it was closer to two hours.
The tenderloins are quite tender, and I have read that apple cider vin could make them mushy if left more than a couple of hours.
Also, there was a lot of salt in the paste, and I did not want it draw out too much moisture, as a longer time would of done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back