• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip w/ Deguerre Style Corn - Pron Heavy!!!

Ryan Chester

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Grilled up some tri-tip on my Santa Maria Style grill on Friday night. I am still out of red oak logs so I used charcoal with red oak chunks. Tri-tip was rubbed with The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Rub and pulled at 130*. Deguerre mentioned in my last post that The Rub Co. Original Rub would be great on corn so this one’s for you bud! Did some semi-mashed taters with olive oil, Santa Maria Style Rub, and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. Also grilled up some bananas sprinkled with some cinnamon and sugar. Everything turned out great. Hope you enjoy the pron!

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425-1.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

I finished lunch less then 20 minutes ago, and now you've got me all hungry again.

This looks delicious.

Good post Great PRON, now lets talk Bananas,...I've never cooked em but want to, can you give any tips? and Bananas VS Plantains? anyone have any onfo?

I'd love to give em a whirl.
Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Hotrodhog- I've never cooked plantains so I can't commend on them. If you use bananas, use larger ones if you want grill marks and don't want them soft/mushy. Next time, i will baste with Kahlua and serve with vanilla bean ice cream or something. Take them to the next level.

Thanks everyone!

Hotrodhog- I've never cooked plantains so I can't commend on them. If you use bananas, use larger ones if you want grill marks and don't want them soft/mushy. Next time, i will baste with Kahlua and serve with vanilla bean ice cream or something. Take them to the next level.
I could really see using grilled nanners in Bananas Foster too.

I just picked up some Santa Maria style from Tim at Greenleaf. Going to buy some Tri-Tip very soon..

OH! I used the Santa Maria Style on a brisket point to great effect BTW. I'll be posting it in the Brisket appreciation TD tomorrow probably. Excellent stuff!!!

Back