• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My first Call...

YokeUp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
hey, I got my first call this past weekend and it was a doosey... 2nd Chicken in DeQuincy, LA.... there were some great cooks there, so I was humbled by the call.

As a rookie, I have to tell ya'll it was a huge thrill to get my product to that level. I have so much to learn and work on, but, knowing that some things are working is very cool. I have a ton of respect for those of you out there getting it done every week and hitting the top group all the time.

And I have to thank the great group of guys that helped, and are continuing to help me, along the way... Brian Lipps, TWayne, Un-yawn (Ron), Zee man, Mr. Jim and many others ...

Thank you and God bless you all... Look forward to many more cooking experiences....

now I'm hunting that first Grand.... :-D

Congratulations on the call, man! I remember my first call. I was stunned. I couldn't believe they'd actually called MY name... Awesome feeling though.

Cheers, and here's to many more for you!

Congrats! Is that the same Un-yawn that cooked with Motley Que (sp) Crew @ N Little Rock last year?

Hey, I was at that cookoff and got my first call as well. It was only a 10th in Ribs, but it was a call. In my 2nd year now, and I seem to be comprehending this competition scene a little bit better than I did last year. But that 2nd Place Chicken you got was awesome. Anyways, we love your videos, and we'll see you down the road, I'm sure!

Congrats!! It's a great feeling!! We were fortunate enough to hear our name a few times last year...each felt as good as the first!

Congrats! Is that the same Un-yawn that cooked with Motley Que (sp) Crew @ N Little Rock last year?
yep that would be the same Un-yawn.... Ron has been incredibly helpful along with Brian Lipps (Jack Daniels World Champion) and T-Wayne Abeshire.... lots of people have been great helps to the process so far.

Hey Big Time Congrats! ENJOY!

Now start thinking where to put that shelf. Make it low enough.. for taller items!:thumb:

Congratulations, Jeff!! And a 10th in brisket as well! Great job! I know these are just the first of many for you!

Lynn H.

Congratulations, Jeff!! And a 10th in brisket as well! Great job! I know these are just the first of many for you!

Lynn H.

Lynn, thank you and I will always treasure your response when you realized I got the chicken call... It made me cry... God bless ya

Back