logo

Live from the BBQ Brethren...It's "Friday Night"...what are you smokin' this weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steak Night (as usual)...CAB NY Strips (on sale 6.99 lb.:p), baked potatoes, salad, and a nice cabernet...:biggrin: Not sure about the rest of the weekend yet! Have a good one folks!

Pron tease...:twisted:

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

SNL clip...for your funny bone... :lol::lol::lol:
http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/hulu/vi461832985/

Last edited:
Intended on doing two beer can chickens but leg quarters were on sale for .69 a pound so I picked up on package and a chucky. This will be my first try at a chucky - time to do some research on desired internal temp, estimated cook time and prep.

I got my Guru adapter for the WSM, so I'll cook on that tomorrow giving it a try.

I'm gonna be grinding up some brisket and pork and will be making some sausages. For sure making Italian Suasage, Breakfast Sausage and some Pepperoni. I'm checking some recipes for others that sound good or fun.
Intended on doing two beer can chickens but leg quarters were on sale for .69 a pound so I picked up on package and a chucky. This will be my first try at a chucky - time to do some research on desired internal temp, estimated cook time and prep.
I usually take mine to 210-220 internal.:wink:

couple of burgers tomorrow, undecided as to the variety, I'll be revisiting the burger throwdown.

Sunday will be the big Q day. Family is getting together to watch the Giants shoot a few Eagles. There'll be 5 of us, maybe 6. I have planned 5 different fatties including breakfast fatties to start the day and an apple/raisin as a sort of dessert with others in between. These will be backed up with 4 racks of spareribs. I'll do some beans as a side and put some fries in my new outdoor basket fryer. That should about ruin this weeks of dieting.

Oh yeah, lots and lots of beer.

I have a leg of lamb marinating as we speak to go on the Weber charcoal rotisserie tomorrow.

A huge brisket. First time injecting so it will be an adventure. Pron promised.

I'm doing stout braised lamb shanks tomorrow and a big ol' fattie on Sunday. Haven't quite decided what to put in the fattie. I do have bacon, cheese and onions. I have some bavarian cheese sausages. Maybe I should put those in there?

It was a pot of chili nite here tonite.
Balmy 22 degrees and snowin and blowing here expecting another 5-7 inches of snot by noon tomorrow.

Going to parboil 3 cases of chicken tomorrow, bake another 3 cases on Sunday for our monthly chicken dinners.
Guess that dont count as smokin though.

I just brought a 9 lb brisket. I will put it on with some walnut and oak tomorrow.

Jeff

A couple racks of Spares on the rotisserie kettle, and some grilled rainbow trout (If I catch some tomorrow morning)

Got a taste for Lamb, Not sure what or how till I go to the market in the morning.But I'm sure some how it's going on the grill!!

I got a 7lb butt going in tonight (while I sleep) then some big azzz pork spare ribs in the morning.

Those steaks look like they are going to be good. I wish I could grill a good steak. Don't have a lot of luck though.

Did Beer Can Chicken with stir fry vegetables or dinner tonight. Just me and the boys. That is why we are using paper plates.:-D

122008005.jpg

122008007.jpg

122008008.jpg

Had a little trouble keeping temp. Really windy tonight.

Homemade beef Jerky this weekend. Going to try my High Mountain seasoning jerky mix.

I finally finished UDS #1. Going to test her out with an 11lb brisket; and several beers with the Gnome. In the impending snow / ice storm of course.

I usually take mine to 210-220 internal.:wink:

Holy cow, maybe I should have researched the chucky before I bought it. I don't have 12 hours to cook tomorrow. The chucky I bought tonight is only 3.75 lbs and I'm going to be cooking around 300* since I'm also cooking some chicken quarters. Hopefully being a smaller cut and higher temp will cut down the cooking time alot. If not, I may have to finish in the oven :eek:

Any good simple marinades or is that not needed? If marinading is good, how long? Should I get it in something tonight for tomorrow's cook?

You can cook them to a lower temp, but you will need to slice them instead of pulling them. I find they don't start pulling until they get up towards 210-220. You should probably get it to temp in around 5 hours, but temp is the guideline not time.

I have never marinated them, just rubed them and put them on. Be sure and flip them halfway. If I don't flip them, then one side tends to get kind of burnt. That happens in both my offset and WSM's, but in different ways.

5 hours is cool. I read in someone elses thread over 16 hours - must have been a larger chucky.

That was probably a chuck roll, which the chuck roasts you are cooking are cut from.

Tomorrow night I have a 9# chuck roll going on and then 3 slabs of St. Louis spares Sunday hopefully to finish aout the same time as the chucky.

Ken

Back