First "Friday Night Steak Night" of 2009...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
And it was a good one...:p

T-bones rubbed with Hawaiian Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper...:p

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

Doing steaks and something else today myself. Looks good brother.

Looks good. I have seen some of that Hawaiian sea salt, is it worth buying over regular seasalt?

Looks good. I have seen some of that Hawaiian sea salt, is it worth buying over regular seasalt?

It has a different texture to it...it dissolves almost immediately when you sprinkle it on your food. It's not as "salty" as regular sea salt. I like it because it doesn't mask any flavors..just enhances them. Swamprb gave me some of his that he got from Keale...I have no idea what it sells for so I couldn't say if it is worth buying over regular or not.

Hey all why don't we do a new thread called just that. Friday Night Steak Night? No competition just pics. Could get real good. I think JD has something there. I'm doing NY strips tonight at $10.99 a lbs. they better be great or I'm heading back to my butcher to have a little talk. He's been great for 30 years so I don't think we'll have a problem.

Last edited:
Hey all why don't we do a new thread called just that. Friday Night Steak Night? No competition just pics. Could get real good. I think JD has something there. I'm doing NY strips tonight at $10.99 a lbs. the better be great or I'm heading back to my butcher to have a little talk. He's been great for 30 years so I don't think we'll have a problem.

:lol::lol::lol:..."Friday Night steak Night" started 17 years ago on a rooftop in San Francisco...with my wife (then fiance) and a brand new Weber Smokey Joe (that I still have)...:p:p:p We've been doing it ever since! :biggrin:

JD how bout we do it here? Sounds like it could be a great thread! Anybody wanta?

Only so long as JD doesn't mind everyone else posting their steaks on his Friday Night Steak Night thread. It's his event, and as he pointed out, been doing it with the misses for a long time now.

Mmmm JD, another wonderful looking steak feast. :cool:

Great looking steaks. Think I might have to start a different 'Family Tradition' now that I'm getting a little older. Maybe that way I would be more productive on Saturday!

Steve

I would be up for some "Friday night steak night" action myself.

Only so long as JD doesn't mind everyone else posting their steaks on his Friday Night Steak Night thread. It's his event, and as he pointed out, been doing it with the misses for a long time now.

Mmmm JD, another wonderful looking steak feast. :cool:

Thanks "Patty"...:p

Great looking steaks. Think I might have to start a different 'Family Tradition' now that I'm getting a little older. Maybe that way I would be more productive on Saturday!

Steve

I would be up for some "Friday night steak night" action myself.

Hey folks..."Friday Night Steak Night" is for everyone! I think my wife first coined the phrase a few years ago in our household. We are honored that some of you want to use it as a new family tradition in your homes. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter who starts the thread every Friday...so long as we all share the "Joy of the Pron"...:lol::lol::lol:

Back