Sriracha Roasted Potato Salad & Rib Tips

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Going to friends later so getting some tips on and making potato salad. Will cook and cool the tips to over crips up later.

Tips on earlier
RtavWJpl.jpg

This recipe is just a slight tweak on my standard roasted potato salad by hitting it with heat during the roast. I can't remember the last time I made a boiled potato salad.
5QTFYE2l.jpg

QI2Djtul.jpg

azKcoXal.jpg

rdA2mz9l.jpg

Also thawing Mac to bring and cook there.
UJCvdKVl.jpg

This potato salad sounds very interesting; any chance of enough details to try making it here?

I can’t help but think this is a walk off home run. Strut the bases. :clap2:

This potato salad sounds very interesting; any chance of enough details to try making it here?

Ya totally. Really nothing different than boiled, other than the potatoes are roasted. I don't have an exact recipe but here is what I do.

So this batch was probably 3-3.5lbs of red potatoes out of a 5lb bag diced and then 1.5 onions diced (large chunks so they don't burn). Hit them with oil and salt/pepper/bbq spices. This time I also did Sriracha.

Roast 425'ish till they get roasted. Can be 20-40mins depending how many I do at once. I also add eggs, bacon (no bacon this time), and fresh green onions at the end. Dressing is mayo and mustard and I will normally add dill (fresh if I have it or dried).

Mix all that up and boom goes the dynamite. I'll add apple cider vinegar to the dressing sometimes too. And the potatoes are normally seasoned well enough that the isn't much need for additional seasoning at the end.

Here's it mixed up
NBwvve0l.jpg

n30QYdnl.jpg

Have you ever tried grilling or smoking the potatoes vs just roasting? I’m always looking for ways to “bbq” up traditional side dishes.

Either way, looks like a killer way to make a better potato salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever tried grilling or smoking the potatoes vs just roasting? I’m always looking for ways to “bbq” up traditional side dishes.

Either way, looks like a killer way to make a better potato salad.

I smoked them once before and they tasted way too over smoked. Grilling would be good.

Good looking tater salad, and rib tips are my favorite when it comes to pork.

Ya totally. Really nothing different than boiled, other than the potatoes are roasted. I don't have an exact recipe but here is what I do.

So this batch was probably 3-3.5lbs of red potatoes out of a 5lb bag diced and then 1.5 onions diced (large chunks so they don't burn). Hit them with oil and salt/pepper/bbq spices. This time I also did Sriracha.

Roast 425'ish till they get roasted. Can be 20-40mins depending how many I do at once. I also add eggs, bacon (no bacon this time), and fresh green onions at the end. Dressing is mayo and mustard and I will normally add dill (fresh if I have it or dried).

Mix all that up and boom goes the dynamite. I'll add apple cider vinegar to the dressing sometimes too. And the potatoes are normally seasoned well enough that the isn't much need for additional seasoning at the end.

Here's it mixed up
NBwvve0l.jpg

n30QYdnl.jpg

Are you using spicy brown mustard? or yellow? I have to try this recipe lol

Are you using spicy brown mustard? or yellow? I have to try this recipe lol

Dave I kind of grab whatever hits my fancy when I open the fridge. This one I think it was spicy brown. Regular yellow or really any mustard works for the most part. I should really write down when I make changed so I remember if one type made a difference :twitch:

Tater salad with a little kick??? Sign me up. And surely I don’t need to comment on my feeling re: rib tips....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread here, but I finally got around to making this, pretty much following Jason’s recipe minus the sriracha (using Texas oil dust piggy bank for the seasoning) IT IS SO FREAKIN GOOD! I’ll never be able to eat potato salad again without judging it against this version.

https://www.thefoodinmybeard.com/recipe/sriracha-and-banana-pepper-potato-salad/

^This one is pretty good, too. One of my most requested potato salads since I saw it not long after publishing. Homemade pickled peppers/veg, adding or subbing zuch or summer squash for the cucumber, and adding thai basil or licorice mint are some of my favorite tweaks. Roasting the garlic of course never hurts, either.

Back