Cast Your Vote to Choose the Category for the April All Month SPECIAL Throwdown!

What Will Be the Category for the April All Month SPECIAL Throwdown?

• National Garlic Month

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Finger Foods

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Ham

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Shagdog and I thought it would be fun to involve you in the selection of the monthly Throwdowns!

Here’s the three choices we came up with:

• Cooked with Garlic (April is National Garlic Month!)
  • Finger Foods
  • Ham

The finalist will be announced Wednesday, March 31’st, and the Throwdown begins on Friday, April 2nd!

finger foods with ham and garlic :)

OT6V9Lq.gif

I like the idea of voting on the category, a nice change of pace and you can "pick your poison". Great job!

I like the idea of voting on the category, a nice change of pace and you can "pick your poison". Great job!

This is a very good idea. Is there going to be a "Throwdown Suggestion Box" thread where we can submit choices for you guys to pick from when making a Throwdown Choice thread like this one?

We thought it would be a nice change of pace to get members involved in the selection of the monthly Throwdowns, so glad you like it!

I'm going to start a "Throwdown Lounge"(or something like that) soon for general Throwdown banter. This would be a place for people to ask questions, share ideas, etc. So, this would certainly be a good environment to submit ideas for the monthlies as well. :thumb:

I find myself at a crossroad for my decision.

1. Garlic as its new and also to honor a national recognized category.
2. Finger Foods well because they are fun to make and delicious to eat.

I'm surprised ham is not getting more votes, with Easter coming.

Nonetheless, I voted for garlic, as we've never done it before and I think we'd see some interesting and creative entries!

I thought I'd be in the minority but love that there are a lot of fellow garlic fans.

If garlic wins, I may try to make some Puerto Rican Pernil again. Being a Polack, I've always said there is no such thing as too much garlic. This was the only dish I've ever made that both my son & I agreed, YES, there actually is too much garlic in here.

Love the idea to let people vote and submit ideas for the monthly throwdowns! I already have an idea for what I think would be an awesome throwdown.

while not an option, has there ever been a recreate your favorite "zero"

it would limit users who've received 0's on prior throw downs, but could be fun for us "Losers" to get a 2nd chance

not sure logistics (would we have to link to our original zero, I personally would go with an honor system)

We interrupt this poll for a special announcement!

The voters have spoken - National Garlic Month will be the April SPECIAL Throwdown!

I will create the entry thread tomorrow.

Back