MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #46
qnbiker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Lew

My Weber Performer with Smoke EZ attachment. It can do any type of grilling or smoking I need it to do. Having said that, I wish it was a 26" performer with a Smoke EZ attachment. Someday they will make one.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #47
Peter B
On the road to being a farker

Scottsdale cooker from AZ BBQ Outfitters

With the Assassin 48 grill being a close second
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #48
Bucknekked
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRiffenstein View Post
Although I LOVE my offset, it's not practical to run it multiple times a week so I'd have to choose my Yoder YS640. And swap it for an offset when I retire.
I was hopin' another Yoder owner would pipe up and speak kind words. I'm only a month or so in to my Yoder YS640 so its still the honeymoon period for me. If I could only have 1, that would be it. Luckily, I live in the real world and I can have as many as I want.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #49
FTTH
Knows what a fatty is.

I wish you guys with the Scottsdales would put out some videos on the cooker. I’d like to see it in operation. Only videos I’m aware of are from David and Scott Green from years ago. I’d be interested to see comparisons between the Boothill with the firebox and the Scottsdale. I’m really interested in one of these or an M1/M36.
FTTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #50
Peter B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTH View Post
I wish you guys with the Scottsdales would put out some videos on the cooker. I’d like to see it in operation. Only videos I’m aware of are from David and Scott Green from years ago. I’d be interested to see comparisons between the Boothill with the firebox and the Scottsdale. I’m really interested in one of these or an M1/M36.
Here is a link to one of my photo albums of a recent pork butt cook on the Scottsdale Cooker:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bZSADyb1waCG14dP7

Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 PM   #51
FTTH
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Here is a link to one of my photo albums of a recent pork butt cook on the Scottsdale Cooker:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bZSADyb1waCG14dP7
That’s great thanks for posting that. I’m leaning towards one of these because of its versatility in grilling, smoking, and Dutch oven with that open fire feel. Would you recommend getting split grate or are you happy with the single? How long did the butt take?
FTTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #52
SonnyE
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sonny

If I could only have one, I'd choose 1 of everything....

(Ask a silly question, get a silly answer)

Old 05-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #53
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Too many variables picking just one. Some are great do-alls, but depends:

Cooking for how many?
Efficiency?
Portable or stay at home?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #54
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Pit Boss Copperhead 5. I could get my grilling fix by putting a tiny grate over the burn pot and cooking up a slider at a time.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 06:02 AM   #55
Peter B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTH View Post
That’s great thanks for posting that. I’m leaning towards one of these because of its versatility in grilling, smoking, and Dutch oven with that open fire feel. Would you recommend getting split grate or are you happy with the single? How long did the butt take?
I have the 48” with split grates. I love that configuration. Wouldn’t recommend otherwise. I also have the extended hood. That is another must have.

The butt took about 4 hours on the grill unwrapped and another 2-3 in the oven wrapped.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:04 AM   #56
chiefblue
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : chief

Hasty-Bake?

Old 05-24-2019, 07:06 AM   #57
chiefblue
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever3 View Post
100% hands down a MAK 2 Star!

I’ve done all the reading and whotube watching and IMO its the best all around multi tool cooker!

Everything from making jerky to searing a steak!

Was ready to pull the trigger, but gotta buy a bandsaw instead ��
I noticed you live in Tulsa. Have you ever tried the Hasty-Bake grills? I've owned 2, one since 1996 and the other since 2015.