MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
BBQ-Jim
On the road to being a farker

I always do leg quarters. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder cook on UDS at 325 or so until 180 in middle of thigh. No sauce Hickory for smoke

Jim
BBQ-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #32
oldsmobubble
Got Wood.

I have done chicken twice now once with wings. Both times I brined the whole bird with salt, sugar, onions, and garlic overnight. When done take out rinse off, pat dry, and mixed olive oil with garlic powder, onoin powder, and paprika. Spatchcocked the chiken both times and them painted the oil and seasoning mixture all over the bird both sides and under the skin, let sit in fridge for a few hours. When ready to cook took out about an hour before cooking to warm up to room temperature then threw on the ECB water smoker with some apple wood. The first time was done low and slow at about 225 degrees for about 4 or 5 hours and the second time was done at about 275 - 300 degrees for about 3 hours, both turned out amazingly good but the hotter temp was a little easier. Both times the birds were done skin side up but, next time I will be sure to try it skin side down.
oldsmobubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
kw
Knows what a fatty is.

Eastern Shore style is still my overall favorite. Perhaps it's from smelling it on the way to Ocean City as a kid back in the early '60's.

It's close to the recipe for Cornell Chicken.

I don't use the egg, as it serves little purpose as far as I can tell.

Here's an article with a recipe for the shore style.

Kurt

http://www.baltimorestyle.com/index....e_tastes_good/
kw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #34
FredC
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Preach on Brother
FredC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
papitman
Got Wood.

Before I get into It, does anyone know how to see all the threads I started? Someone gave me an amazing meatloaf recipe I made today and it was absolutely delicious. It was pretty cool seeing a smoke ring on meat loaf, anyway I need the threads to thank him. I followed it to T, but I wrapped it in bacon.

Griff Loaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup onions finely diced
½ red pepper finely diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
½ cup grated parmesan
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
¼ cup milk
1large egg lightly beaten
5 or6 dashes of Worcestershire
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 lbs sausage
Mix everything together and form into loaf. I smoke at 300-350* until the loaf hits 165*. Sauce can be added the last 15 minutes.

Now........, Someone said to brine chicken in 1/2 gal water 1/4 cup pickle salt, 1/4 cup honey for 1hr per lb, but no one has pickle salt so I need a recipe for a brine now. Hey Oldsbubble, is there any liguid in that brine? What is Spatchcocked????
papitman is offline   Reply With Quote