New Double Pass Stick burner design... what do ya think?

YokeUp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
here is our latest and greatest new design.
YouTube - The Krieger.... ready to go to powder coat

Not having a door cut out will provide a much more consistent cooking temperature inside... the grates are bigger and the exhaust system allows for me to fine tune the temperature. We're taking it to be powder coated with a new media that incorporates aluminum and can be built up to 30 mil... that is going to provide some awesome insulating value...

anyway, just wanted to share with you guys, let me know your thoughts.

Looks very, very interesting. Not like anything I've seen before. The racks coming out the end are sure a different feature.

I get the theory of how the heat moves through the smoker but I'm not clear on why when the stack is open the heat isn't going to just get sucked right up through it when the heat enters the chamber from directly under the stack.

Or did I miss something?

I think it has a reverse flow baffle at the bottom. It goes all the to the "door" where it can reverse direction and flow over the meat. I just have to wonder how well and smoothly it will draft. I also wonder if opening the huge door on the end won't flush all the heat as much as a standard offset door. Looking forward to seeing it in action. I hope it works as I like the creativity and craftsmanship.

I think it's very interesting and looks to be well built. I'm not sure if I'm feelin' pulling out the racks every time I want to tend to something in the cooker. Those racks are gonna be hot as chit, loaded with meat and heavy. If I still drank I know exactly how that would end up. It'd be nice to be able to pull them out and let them hang, but with that orientation I don't think that's really feasible - at least with my non-existent design abilities.

I could see it for specialized uses for someone who has a precise knowledge of what they're doing i.e. x amount of meat will definitely be done in x amount of time with no peeking. There would probably be a more pressurized environment inside the cooker, which is great.

I really do like the thinking and building going on there, just not sure about the rack situation. I'm also wondering if a split door would be something to try, but that would kinda go against the concept of a well sealed cooker. It'll be very interesting to see how she cooks. I'll echo colonel00 and say I too like the creativity and craftsmanship - thanks for posting & I look forward to more. :thumb:

Looks very, very interesting. Not like anything I've seen before. The racks coming out the end are sure a different feature.

I get the theory of how the heat moves through the smoker but I'm not clear on why when the stack is open the heat isn't going to just get sucked right up through it when the heat enters the chamber from directly under the stack.

Or did I miss something?

It has a baffel, solid 1/4" steel that runs the length of the cooker and is sealed along the bottom and firebox side so the heat travels down the baffel and then enters at the door and works it's way back to the exhaust. We'll see it in action soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys, my neighbor gave me a great idea for the rack situation, it's a hook that comes up and provides a shelf to rest them on... my thoughts initially were to have the table there to set the rack on and work it from there. In competitions, I haven't had to move things very much, but the new suggestion is a great one.

the draft is already over-designed with the 6" exhaust and the intake vent.. we should be able to generate a bunch of heat that is agressive on finding it's exit and should move through very well... It will be interesting.

thanks again for the help.

It will certainly help you resist the urge to peek! Not many will open up that big door on the end and pull those racks out just to take a look. That's probably a good thing!

A variation of the reverse flow design... how was the grease fire prevention/drainage addressed?

Back