Peri Peri Wings

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Okay, I think I got this down...

For New Year's I'm going to do Peri Peri Wings. I'm going to smoke them and then fry them and then coat them

How long in smoke? How long to fry?

Little help brothers. I know MOINK Balls, but this is new for me.

Not sure Larry, but i bet it would go good with this Peri Peri rub i have. :cool:

I did wings on my UDS for Thanksgiving and they only took a couple hours. It may take long for you, I was doing ABTs at the same time and the fat from the bacon caused a flair-up. If you are going to fry them also, that will finish cooking them anyway. Good luck with this adventure.

I do mine the other way around... fry for 5 minutes, then smoke for half an hour or so, to get to 165, with the sauce put on the wings before putting them on the smoker. They're fantastic!

2812202109_1f9fc3c031.jpg

2812551002_28b6569d6d.jpg

Fry first. I would have thought that would have prevented the smoke penetration.

****Rethinking this mod****

Nope, I get nice smokiness... i don't batter, though, just nekkid wings.

I smoke and then grill (rather than fry) with a good dunking of sauce towards the end of grilling (pre flip).

I serve with the same dunking sauce on the side and a home made blue cheese dip.

To make the Blue Cheese dip I throw a good block of mature stliton, a healthy dollop of mayo, a handful of chopped sping onions [scallions] (optional), a pinch of pepper, a dash of Lea and Perrins Worchshire sauce, and a tiny amount of English mustard (optional) in a blender and give it a good wizz. Adjust quanitities to get desired thickness. I like mine thick, blue and chunky!

Back