Anyone use Lang 48 or comparable?

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
How did you like it? Is the increased fuel consumption noticeable? Would you go bigger if you had the chance?

Originally had my sites set on building myself a large trailer cooker(actually already have most of the materials for build a 66"x30" cooker). Here lately though I haven't been wondering if a smaller cooker wouldn't maybe suit me better? The majority of my cooking is pretty much for family/friends with maybe a graduation party or two. I have a UDS and pellet smoker for any overflow or if I decide to enter a competition or two. Just not sure if a larger smoker wouldn't be overkill for the type of cooking I do the majority of the time. If I were to ever get into the catering/vending business I would have to get a government approved smoker anyways.

Thanks for the question...

My first Lang was a Lang 48... a beauty of a smoker. Will hold 12 butts easily.
However will seem to shrink from constant use... always found myself running out of room. ;)

Upgraded to a Lang 60 mobile and added a full width second shelf... filled it with 24 butts.
Still ran out of room.

Now running a Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen... and will quit if I run out of room on that.
[Disclaimer - upgraded twice due to helping with OBR/Charity/Churches/Troop cooks.]

A 48 patio is a great backyard cooker ready to answer the call for parties and family... just feed it BBQ and wood - all will be well!

Last edited:
Back