MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
MTHank
Full Fledged Farker

Default Montana Eggfest a Great Success!!

My wife and I went to the 2nd annual Montana Eggfest today with the chefs cooking on Big Green Eggs and all proceeds going to a good cause. The food was beyond wonderful and they had everything... tri-tip, cinnamon rolls, sausage w/blue cheese, bananas foster, chicken, pork, peach cobbler and on and on. Good thing we didn't eat breakfast first, I could not believe the amount of food. We just kept going around in a circle and the food was different each lap and I just kept eating. I did not want to miss anything.

And Anamosity (Gene), it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife... Your "Blueberry Fatty"? It kicks arse!!! And the 2nd fatty with the pepper bacon weave? Both just “Unbelievable”!!! Along with your “Baked Beans” and your “Yardbird”, I was glad your wife “forced” me to try it when I could not eat another bit, I was amazed! You and your wife did “GREAT”!!

Also met Codger (Nick) and his lovely wife as well… My wife and I enjoyed sitting in the shade and chatting with the two of you when the sun just got to be too much for us.

It was a GREAT day. Thanks to all who said "Go" and to all the Chefs and everyone who was helping them. And thanks to the "Axmen" in Missoula, Montana for holding the event. We will be going next year as well!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Weber Kettle Gold – 22 ½”[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]22 1/2" UDS[/FONT] (aka 55 gal)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smokie Joe[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The stone age did not end because we ran out of stones[/FONT]
MTHank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Wish I could have been there.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

No pics.....

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
bbqbull
Watching over us.

I have never heard anybody complain after attending and Egg Fest!
Sounds like an awesome time Hank!
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
LMAJ

So did you pick up an Egg while you were there???
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault

Last edited by LMAJ; 08-22-2010 at 10:29 AM..
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
thirdeye

I was hoping you had a good time, and with that kind of good food who wouldn't.....

I was visiting with milehigh yesterday afternoon in Worland, and he had nothing but good things to say about last years fest. I would have liked to have been there, but this year it was on the same weekend as a comp I like to judge. I'll watch the calendar for next year, maybe one of them will change dates and I can hit both.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by thirdeye; 08-22-2010 at 10:22 AM..
thirdeye is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Mitch
is One Chatty Farker

Blueberry Fatty? Sounds real interesting. Glad you had a good time.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Good times... But the big question remains; did you bring an egg home with you afterwards?
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
codger
Full Fledged Farker

Every thing about that Egg Fest was even better than MTHank said. It was a great day. Never tasted anything that a person wouldn't be proud to claim or their own. Now the down side, I just posted for my weight on another thread here. I had lost a measly pound for the week, after yesterday I may have gained 20 pounds. My wife did take some pics, I just don't know how to post them on here yet.(I'm kind of a tecnatard) Was really nice meeting you MTHank and your wife and visiting. And Anamosity and his wife, had fun with both couples. some ot the pics we have is of their fatty.
codger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
codger
Full Fledged Farker

No egg brought home here either,would have loved to though. At least one set of the cooks had never cooked on a egg before, and a person would of had to be just plum lucky to be able to guess at which cooks it was. Just another great plug for the Egg I think.
codger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
MTHank
Full Fledged Farker

As all have said of the "Eggfest" a great time was had by all (JMHO) and the food as Codger mentioned, anyone would have been proud of all the food that was cooked. I still don't believe all the food I ate and it was all "Great!"

As far as bringing home an "Egg"? My wife ( a very "GREAT" gal) did her darnest to get me to get one and she did not want to hear from me when we got an hour up the road that "I wish I would have bought a BGE", the choice was all mine.... AND???? NO!! I did not bring home a BGE... This time anyway! I am sure I will get one in the future. And don't any one of you tell my wife BUT? I think I am having second thoughts and wish I had. Now that is just between you and me... OK??? Heck I think she really wanted me to get one... She bought $40 worth of the tickets for the drawing they had for the complete set up for a "Large BGE".

And yes there was more than just one Chef there that was using a BGE for the first time but without asking them... No way would anyone have known it... My complements to each and every one of them.

Again thanks to the BGE people and to the Axmen... This is the very first gathering of any kind for "Q"ing that my wife have attended and we did really enjoy ourselves.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Weber Kettle Gold – 22 ½”[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]22 1/2" UDS[/FONT] (aka 55 gal)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smokie Joe[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The stone age did not end because we ran out of stones[/FONT]
MTHank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
anamosity
Full Fledged Farker

We had a great time. Its always a pleasure meeting other forum members.
As long as you went away with a full belly and a smile on your face then it was a success for everyone. To bad you guys didn't get a egg. I bet if you called them they have a couple of burned ones they would still make a deal on if you were interested.
The people you meet at these types of events are always great people with loads of info they share for free.
It was great to me to meet you both. Hope to see you there next year.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
milehigh
is One Chatty Farker

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry i missed it. Can't believe you never drove home without an egg Hank
I ended up going to Wyoming for the state championship and had a great time with my brother. Got to meet some more Montana boys and hooked up with thirdeye on Saturday.
Summers are too short to do it all.

Paul