burnt ends brisket prep help

bigbook

Found some matches.
Reaction score
help me outr burnt end prep show me please or send me to the right post bn once i cut it off the brisket and cube it what is the prefered way to treat them ??? thanks :blabla:

I like to cube them, toss them with some sauce and a little rub in a foil pan, then back on the smoker for another hour or so, until the get all nice and caramelized.

Cook the brisket till it probes like buttah no foil, slice. The ends of the flat will be charred a little. Cube them up and eat em. Anything else is cubed and sauced brisket!
This video from Franklin is pretty informative.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIlyzRFUjU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]BBQ with Franklin: The Payoff - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
So here is a method that worked for me, not sure if anyone else has done it this way or not...

The last brisket I did, I ran out of time to finish the burnt ends so I cubed up the point and stuck it back in the fridge overnight. The following evening I tossed the point into one of my cast iron pans, set the oven to 250 and let it slow cook for another hour. After about 40 minutes or so, I added some sauce to the point cubes and let it caramelize a bit before serving.

The burnt ends were incredibly tender and delicious!

I don't have the willpower to hold onto the point and turn it into burnt ends - with the caramelized sauce and all.. :oops:

Well that and I usually end up serving the whole thing to our guests..:thumb:

Why would you want to fark up the best part of the cow:der:

Back