MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
shskr
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhrt View Post
In Bellingham brisket was $1.88/lb at cash and carry I picked one up to make burgers
Thanks will check both cash and carry & Costco to see which looks better.
Was the brisket a full packers and was it choice?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

Restaurant depot.

Go to kcbs.us and join. It's 35 for a year membership and then u can get day passes to restaurant depot without owning a restaurant

Wishlist:
22.5" WSM
DirtyDirty00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
shskr
Knows what a fatty is.

[QUOTE=JRB;1778221]I go to cash and carry! Best price I have found for brisket. They only have boneless pork, so I shop elsewhere for that.

From Vancouver, USA not BC.

Funny when I am in the US I say I'm from Vancouver and they assume Van. WA. Except they say I talk funny.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
shskr
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDirty00 View Post
Restaurant depot.

Go to kcbs.us and join. It's 35 for a year membership and then u can get day passes to restaurant depot without owning a restaurant
Interesting! Where is the closest Restaurant depot to bellingham?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Cash and Carry in Bham has "select" brisket at thay $1.88lb price (says its select or better...I usually find that its all select). They also have/had CAB briskets at about $2.29/lb...Red Star Ranch (haven't tried one of these yet, its on my list). I'm in that store several times a week for work. The Red Star beef was in a couple open boxes on a left-side (as you enter dli/meat cooler) lower shelf on Monday. You won't be the only one with blue and white license plates in that parking lot! ;)

Of course, my age could be getting the better of me...could be I just described the Tukwila location (I'm in there several times a week also)!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #21
shskr
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyManBBQ View Post
Cash and Carry in Bham has "select" brisket at thay $1.88lb price (says its select or better...I usually find that its all select). They also have/had CAB briskets at about $2.29/lb...Red Star Ranch (haven't tried one of these yet, its on my list). I'm in that store several times a week for work. The Red Star beef was in a couple open boxes on a left-side (as you enter dli/meat cooler) lower shelf on Monday. You won't be the only one with blue and white license plates in that parking lot! ;)

Of course, my age could be getting the better of me...could be I just described the Tukwila location (I'm in there several times a week also)!!
Thanks familymanbbq I was wondering about the price, seem too cheap to be choice or CAB, thought it might be select.

We Canadians love spending our money down there, help support your tough times. Hope this recession is over soon.

Tags
brisket, choice, prices