Bacon & Blue Burger w/ Bacon Wrapped Tots

swibirun

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
During all of the basketball games today, Wendy's kept advertising their Bacon and Blue burger. Sounded too good so the boys and I made our own. Plus, Wendy's doesn't have bacon wrapped tots.

DSC_0254resized.jpg

I was flat out of lump so instead of my BGE, I was going to use my back up grill. I was actually looking forward to using this grill since it has been months since it was uncovered. The Egg get's 99.5% of the calls for duty. I fired up some Kingsford Comp.

DSC_0240resized.jpg

I wrapped the tots (actually used the Ore Ida Crispy Crowns) in 1/3 bacon slices. I cut them on the bias like this so you have longer edges for wrapping (tip courtesy of Chris Lilly).

DSC_0234resized.jpg

Season them with some BBQ rub and cook indirect at 450 for 18-20 minutes.

DSC_0243resized2jpg.jpg

I put the burgers on the same grill at 450f over direct heat for the last 8 minutes (4 per side)

For the "blue" I used this recipe from Bon Apetit

Blue Cheese Mayo
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Whisk together and let chill prior to using.

I served it on a kaiser bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and duh, bacon.

DSC_0253resized.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I missed out on anything at the drive thru....

Hittable for sure. Bacon wrapped tots. The creativity is endless here!!!

I don't know what is more impressive the burger or the fact you wrapped every single tot. Looks AWESOME though. Burgers tonight for me.

Great job! The shot of the burger is fantastic! I've never tried bacon wrapped tots! Sounds good.

If you had a drive thru at the house I would be in line. Bacon wrapped tots are on the to do list right away. Very Nice!

A restaurant here serves similar but adds peppercorns to burger and onion strings. Outstanding taste and I bet yours was just as good.

bacon wrapped tots...great idea and they look fantastic....that is almost making me go make a black and blue burger and tots myself!

Back