• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking in the cold

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Man were freezeing out here,52deg. and raining.Feels like New York so i rolled the 'Dera in the barn and will do some New York Steaks :lol: I will do some Babybacks tomorrow rain or shine,might have to get out a jacket. :wink:

bite me.

30 and sunny here. Freezing my butt off and it aint even winter yet. So stop your belly achin and cook us some food in that arizona sun(or rain). .. Fed ex delivers overnight. :)

BBQchef33 said:
bite me.

30 and sunny here. Freezing my butt off and it aint even winter yet. So stop your belly achin and cook us some food in that arizona sun(or rain). .. Fed ex delivers overnight. :)
Sorry Phil i just had to rub it in,i'm glad your feeling good enough to cook.I grew up in New England so i know how lucky i am. Them 1 1/4"thick New Yorks where out of site.Now maybe i'll get lucky like Biil does and everything will be perfect. :wink:

Today I couldn't bitch about the weather, 58 and sunny 8) Not too shabby for December! :wink:

MrSmoker..I'm with you...I have been at work here at Sky Harbor (PHX) for going on 13 hours and 3.5 more to go. On top of it all, I now have a cold, chest congestion, coughing up the green stuff......more fun than humans should be allowed. So much for me cooking anything on the 'dera tomorrow. Have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna try a fatty and a small pork shoulder.

I hear ya Mary. It's cold here too. We didn't even make to 70 today.

Earlier this week I had to scrape really cold stuff off the OL's windshield.

417bullelk said:
MrSmoker..I'm with you...I have been at work here at Sky Harbor (PHX) for going on 13 hours and 3.5 more to go. On top of it all, I now have a cold, chest congestion, coughing up the green stuff......more fun than humans should be allowed. So much for me cooking anything on the 'dera tomorrow. Have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna try a fatty and a small pork shoulder.
Bull thats way to many hours at work.(Why so many)?But it's Ok for long /slow smokes and tending a fire. :roll:

Beautiful day Saturday on the southwest coast of Michigan, 41* sunny. Worked outside all day no need for a jacket. Cutting wood and tending the pit.

Waiting to get a day off so I can even think about firing up the Dera.

I have three racks of Baby backs ready to eat and half of maple fattie in the bbq beans,the other half vanished some where. :wink:

Now I'm home, in bed, sick, hoping to get better so I can finally cook something. Took they day off af work to get some rest. The Mrs. just took the kiddos to a neighboorhood chili cookoff to see Santa. I told her PLEASE bring some chili back!!

MrSmoker - have to work the long hours to keep things afloat. The wife was laidoff recently and she is just starting to get things going again. She is now in real estate.

I recently came across some fire resistant insulation material that is used to insulate aircraft firewalls. I think I am going to try and make the Bandera a blanket out of it to help hold the heat in the smoke box. I will keep you guys informed.

Geesh. I had to turn on the A/C. The dewpoint here is 70, we might get down to 68
tonite. Tomorrow's high approaches 80.

It's still December, isn't it?

anyone of you want to trade locations with me?

38* and light snow * * **

But still not too cold to Q!

Amazingly enough, it is 50 degrees here right now. Little drizzle going on, but am not complaining. FANTASTIC temps for 7 at night in December.

It's cold and rainy here in SoCal. It actually got down to 47° the other night. BRRRRR!!!

Back