MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
JimmyDAL
is one Smokin' Farker

looking @ that trailerit looks to me like there's alot of weight on the tail. Menu boards are great, although mine are dif. and should have some cover over the window, IMO.
JimmyDAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
JimmyDAL
is one Smokin' Farker

sorry, just saw the awning, which poses a liability issue.
JimmyDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks liability in what regards? This info I can use :)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Well I finally selected a trailer manufacturer! They weren't the cheapest or the most expensive. Here are the main highlights

26x8.5
24 " reach in fridge and freezer
Full sized hot hold cabinet
Steam table
24" griddle and range
40lb fryer
Hood and fire suppression
10k LP gen package
Sink40 gal fresh and 50 gal grey water
Ole hickory EL IB built in through back porch.

I have a few days to get other items installed I may not have thought of so looking for your thoughts. anything you wish you would have done after the fact?

I am thinking of adding a RV awning
And exterior lights
Maybe speakers or at least wires to the exterior

Thanks Jeff
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Do you need fire suppression in Iowa?
kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Not required here but seemed like a no brainer at this point but it is kind of pricey. I am somewhat pioneering this in the area so going all out to make the HD and fire marshal happy. I have also heard more an more events are requiring and didnt want that to get in the way. One event that requires it I can make back the cost versus not being able to attend.
Jeff

Servesafe isn't required either but doing that as well.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #22
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsara View Post
Do you need fire suppression in Iowa?
without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
without this, you would not been able to get insurance on the trailer. Also, if vending inside some city limits, they would bounce you when fire marshalls come around. You will also need a hand held extinguser with postings on location. Also better be safe than sorry...you are going in right direction, keep it safe..

I install fire sprinkler in buildings so I am always looking at trailers when we vend or go to an event where vendors are and I have never seen a trailer with fire protection in the hood yet, so it is not so common here.
kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Thats cool but I got it
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffc View Post
Not sure I couldn't have gotten ins but at some point that will be the case once I pave the way. My ins guy didn't ask about that. Also for the city permit they ask for 500k of liability but I have found most events require 1M. Do you guys run with even more say 2M? Haven't asked for the delta pricing yet but thinking I will go for at least 1M. Thoughts?
new york state the land of taxes and permits..the contracts this year have been asking for a certificate of 1 to 1.5 mil...EXCEPT the app I sent into for an event in a NY State park, they wanted 2 mil and for them to be listed as event holder and to be released of liability...but the cost for the extra coverage is not that bad...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #27
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

I will go with at least 1M and see what the diff is to go higher.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Received my first go at the CAD drawings from the manufacturer today. The drawings look good a few small items that we are discussing. Sent to the HD and hope to get there comments early next week. I will toss up some pics so you can take a look!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #29
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Wanted to share the first round of drawings, there are changes in the works already

Side elevations

Front back

Floor plan

As always comments welcome
Jeff
Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

looking good, make up a a 2 pc counter top that goes on top of your sinks, as counter top space WILL be a preminium and you dont always need sink area..also preview of meat holding area for serving..
also be sure to get the HEAVIEST axles available..