MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #46
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

I use a bakerstone(@$120) of my gasser for convenience. Turns out good pies.

CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #47
highergr0und
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
On a side note, i just ordered an uuni pro as they are running a special for national pizza month where they are throwing in a bunch of extras including the gas attachment. I will be reporting back on my thoughts.

I went to their website, but do not see any special. Do you have to use a coupon code?

Thanks,

Robert[/QUOTE]

Here is the link. Same base price, but you get some nice extras. Highly tempting.

https://ooni.com/products/uuni-pro-n...RoCc5UQAvD_BwE

Old 10-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #48
EdF
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
We are thin crust fans. I'm surprised I've not seen any info here about anyone doing it. Could be a regional thing. Hard to beat the brick oven ones we order though.

Toast! Congrats on the upcoming retirement! So you will need to fill your time with more than "just" BBQ. Check out http://pizzamaking.com - the Mother of Internuts Pizza sites!

And their helpers.
EdF is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #49
EdF
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highergr0und View Post
[/B]

I went to their website, but do not see any special. Do you have to use a coupon code?

Thanks,

Robert
Here is the link. Same base price, but you get some nice extras. Highly tempting.

https://ooni.com/products/uuni-pro-n...RoCc5UQAvD_BwE[/QUOTE]

That's a good deal!

And their helpers.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #50
seakuv
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

I'm being lured by the siren call of the Uuni as well. But, I'm trying to be practical - I've been making awesome sourdough and standard crust pizzas in my oven for 30 years. Never once have I thought - "this pizza is mediocre, I really need to find a better way of doing this". But along comes this sleek, shiny, sexy Uuni - scented with wood smoke and charred sourdough and Italian sausage. She's hard to resist.
seakuv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #51
Badjak
is one Smokin' Farker

There should be second hand uuni 3 and 2's around since the arrival of the uuni pro (I got a 2nd hand uuni 3). There is not much that can break or go wrong with one (except for the stone), so that could be an option?

Old 10-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #52
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

well im a little torn.... I might start out in my oven.... but I also have one of my big warming cabinets that is about done..... think ill try that also that way I can get the wood taste too... I bet I make a mess starting out...... I like the thin crispy crust like toast.... and meat lovers

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #53
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

A CI pan can be used to make a thinner crust, too. You just press it out with your fingers. If it doesn't want to stretch anymore, just wait a few minutes and it will relax and stretch out more. It would at least allow you to see if you really have the bug.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #54
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post
That's my issue as well. Love the process, it makes good pizza, but we like the wood taste the kamado imparts. Where are you putting the foil pouch and how's it working for you?
I make a pellet pouch using foil, poke several holes in it, then use tongs to hold it over the fire to get started. Then I place it directly on the pizza stone. If the pizza is small, I leave it there. If the pizza is big, I let the oven fill with smoke then remove the pouch and shove the pizza in.
I'm planning on hanging the pouch using wire, but haven't tried that yet. lol

I love wood flavored pizzas, the only down side to the Blackstone. imo.

If you figure out a better way, please keep me posted! Thanks!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #55
EdF
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
well im a little torn.... I might start out in my oven.... but I also have one of my big warming cabinets that is about done..... think ill try that also that way I can get the wood taste too... I bet I make a mess starting out...... I like the thin crispy crust like toast.... and meat lovers
Follow your heart! Pizza is going to be good regardless!

And their helpers.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #56
EdF
is One Chatty Farker

Cowgirl,

How about an AmazingTube or something like that? There are ones with a rectangular shape so they don't roll around.

And their helpers.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #57
jread23
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
I make a pellet pouch using foil, poke several holes in it, then use tongs to hold it over the fire to get started. Then I place it directly on the pizza stone. If the pizza is small, I leave it there. If the pizza is big, I let the oven fill with smoke then remove the pouch and shove the pizza in.

Does this make a noticeable difference in the end product? Also, at what temperature do you usually cook? Thanks.
jread23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #58
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdF View Post
Cowgirl,

How about an AmazingTube or something like that? There are ones with a rectangular shape so they don't roll around.
Thanks Ed! I'm not a huge fan of the Amazing products. It would be too big for the oven anyway. Thanks for the idea though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jread23 View Post
Does this make a noticeable difference in the end product? Also, at what temperature do you usually cook? Thanks.
It depends on the type of wood pellets and also the wind. I've had varied results. lol
For pizza I like to heat the oven up for 10 minutes, then crank the heat back down til it gets to 425 to 450F. Seems to work ok for me.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 06:39 PM   #59
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Default What is a good pizza oven to buy that is modestly priced????

For the money, the blackstone is hard to beat. Pretty versatile unit. I haven’t cooked a pie in 6-8 months on mine but gave it a whirl tonight and had some success

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #60
V-22 Osprey
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Kelly

Pizza Party just entered the small/portable pizza oven market with the gas fired Ardore! Nice looking oven from a company that gets a lot of great reviews. Ordered mine yesterday from Italy, tracking shows it will be here Friday...my UUni took longer from stateside!
V-22 Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote