• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CL Performer resto complete (lots of pics)

Winz

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Here is the original grill I bought off of C.L. for $35. It was in decent shape, but for some unknown reason the previous owner painted the kettle flat black:

ad015db5f4b9dc1033c9644c54be2a84d059210.png

Here it is after I took it completely apart, steel wooled the kettle, painted the cart, replaced all nuts, bolts, and screws with stainless steel, cleaned and seasoned the searing grate, etc.

b9535ba3b211f8afbe0bd3361ea688aebf4bda5.JPG

The searing grate that came with it is worth the price I paid for the whole unit. It is a rectangular piece that sits inside of the circular grate. The sides of the grate lift so you can add more fuel while cooking. In addition to this grate, I purchase a new SS cooking grate as well for fish, etc.

db72503b22f10b5ad38140e67249a6191b35cc8.JPG

6ca357beb464f793bf37d7a31d2fa8ca56cb877.JPG

The old and the new:

60135ff5ba8ff915bca2d06d147d67ac40d8c99.JPG

I have $35 into the grill purchase, $22 in new stainless hardware (I splurged), and a new hinged, stainless steel cooking grate (weber part number 3070784) for $30. Still need to buy a cover and then I am off and cooking!

Nice score and a great restoration. Looks great.

Looks really good. But after a few beers and looking at your pictures upside down...woah!

Nice job. I used to have one of those cast iron searing grates. Keep it inside when not in use. Even well seasoned, they rust easily.

CD

Very nice work! I saw that and passed as we are visiting out here and there just isn't room to get it home. Did you see the Weber Sequoia in Fair Oaks on CL? Please save it!
Search " charcoal BBQ "

Looks awsome! That really turned out great considering the shape it was in and being painted. Like that searing grate also

I don't get why they painted it in the first place if it looked like that underneath. It looks Great now.

Woo Hoo! Great save.
I wonder at some time if it wasn't stolen and painted black to decieve anyone looking for it.
I dunno... prolly just me.

Im trying to score one of those right now myself, 50 bucks about a half hour away at the most. My elderly neighbor has one too im trying see if they want to get rid of. I just try and take my "extra" grills to my friends house and leave em there for when i come over or just to get them into The Weber Way!

Back