Saturday brisket with a side of pr0n...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We have a "Smoke Ring" Throwdown going on this week. If you aren't familar with Throwdowns, here's the link:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153194

The Throwdowns are great fun and we are always looking for more brethren to participate. Even if you don't enter (which we encourage you to), please stop by frequently for lots of laughs and be sure to cast your vote when Bigabyte gets his poll up.

It's been a while since I've done brisket so I figured I'd throw one on today for the occassion. I stopped at Cash & Carry last night and picked up this baby.
edit_preview.php

A little shy of 16 lbs...
edit_preview.php

I got up bright and early to get started... Pulled my meat out of the cryo and time to get busy. :thumb:
edit_preview.php

I know it's considered sacrilegious by many, but I like to separate the point and the flat... :shock:
edit_preview.php

All rubbed up and ready to roll. I used 3EYZ on the point and SM Spicy Apple on the point (more sacrilege :loco:)...
edit_preview.php

Fired up the Traeger with a load of maple (oh my god, when will the madness end :tsk:)...
edit_preview.php

And on they go...:becky:
edit_preview.php

Hours and hours of this treatment to come...:grin:
edit_preview.php

Thanks for looking and I'll post more as the day goes on. :mrgreen:

Yip, you did a bunch of stuff wrong.
I'll bet my next paycheck all that wrongness is going to taste awesome.
Well done Sir.

Okay, now I have my target. Nice cook, too bad you did the brisket wrong and separated the point.

Did you put a ring on it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RP19fnff_c"]The Chipettes - Single Ladies [Put A Ring On It] - YouTube[/ame]

Well now. I'm glad I didn't get that brisket today. At the store is was because they had baby backs for only 2.99/lb, but now because I see what you've done here...

The real question is...will I actually enter?

Back