MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Talking I almost forgot

And here are the finished SM Spares ~ ready to be dinner some other day!

I almost lost this one moving it to the foil

Cooked unfoiled, spritzed, or sauced ~ just Steph's rub for 8 hours. Sauced them lightly (my recipe) and into the freezer.
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
twinsfan
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow, they look really nice. Never used SM stuff but it appears to have a lot of sugar in it since that's a nice dark color like you sauced them.
twinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan View Post
Wow, they look really nice. Never used SM stuff but it appears to have a lot of sugar in it since that's a nice dark color like you sauced them.
Actually, that nice, rich color is from the oak/maple/hickory wood that I use to fire my stick burner. OK, Steph's rub may have had a little to do with it.

Seriously, there isn't much sugar in SM rubs, if any at all.
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote