And so it begins. WFO Build Indoor Kitchen

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Went out to get some wood for the smoker and when I came back there was a guy standing in the driveway. He said that he had a delivery and that he came down the wrong road. He was driving a semi and was stuck on the little farm road behind the house. He said that he had to crates. Crates I thought,,,what the heck??? Then it hit me, I ordered my Wood Fired Pizza oven from my friend in New York. He also has a house here in France and was ordering my oven and his at the same time. Part of the deal was that I could avoid shipping costs if I delivered his oven to him. I was told the guy had a fork lift on the back of his truck. His fork lift turned out to be a lift gate and a pallet jack. My driveway is gravel....you know where this is going right. Unpack and hand carry the pieces of precast refractory cement oven. It made it into the garage and the other is safely packed onto my trailer for delivery tomorrow!

And so it begins!

Now I have to figure how I am going to get it upstairs, UGH!

Can't wait to see this thread progress.

Best of luck with getting it moved!

Look. You're close to Austria now. Just hire these guys...

HansFranz.jpeg

And don't forget to pick up some cheese while you're going through Switzerland.

Good luck, Jed. How much does each section weigh?

Nice, i would love one inside the house. Just make sure youre chimney draws real well.

Well, that is a start.

Gonna be interesting, I am sure there are some gypsies hanging around looking to work for you.

Built mine one fire brick at a time, it has a 42" diameter with a 21" center dome height. Make sure you cure it properly to avoid cracking. Waiting to see those 90 second pizza pictures.

Awesome Jed!!!

Wish I could be there to help ya out Brother.
I'll also be following this one close :pop2:

Back