Bachelor Thanksgiving Meat-a-Thon - 4 Day Live Thread

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just dropped my wife and kids off at the airport. She takes them to see her family for the holiday. Everyone gets along much better when I don't go.

So, moving on...i now have until Saturday afternoon as a single dude, alone with my meat, my cookers and some beverages. I do have a buddy coming over for Thanksgiving afternoon. He and his inlaws get along as well as I do with mine...so he got the pass to come hang with me.

I've been prepping for the past few days. Pulled some stuff out of the freezer...hit the grocery. Have a few more plans in store...but here is the lineup so far.

Kicked it off tonight with some leftover burgers from last night.

U4s1bg7l.jpg

03SotOkl.jpg

Later this evening I will be slicing up this eye of round for jerky, which will be marinated overnight in some Owen's Sweet and Spicy jerky mix, and smoked and dried tomorrow.

sfsIE71l.jpg

Then for the next few days....here's what we got. The order could change but I'll work it all in.

Njv7GV0l.jpg

Beef short ribs and 2 slabs of spares

Jbbv9l1l.jpg

Oh...and some lubrication.

6s7ol1Ql.jpg

Who knows what else...definitely plan on some ABTs. My buddy on Thursday is bringing cigars.

Friday I got my eyes on some Black Friday deals....and if I can figure out how to rearrange my deck...I may try to set up and season the new Blackstone.

Stay tuned! Now I have to run to Lowes. I hear the Weber charcoal is on sale.

I won't pry, but that is some legit sh!t. right there!! :clap2::clap2:

It's pretty simple. We are all pretty stubborn. When I'm there, my wife has to be in the middle negotiating and playing referee. When I'm not there she gets to relax and enjoy her family. I get to relax too.

I think you need some help I will be right over

Cmon brother. Only rule is no wives, girlfriends or kids!

B12 outstanding!!

I was a bit concerned I didn't have enough provisions. So just in case.

Ud7l2hil.jpg

Sounds like a great plan I can almost feel my backbone growing I'm proud of you

Top round trimmed and quartered. Into the freezer to make it easier to slice.

jaDbit5l.jpg

Sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips with the grain. A little less than 5lbs.

FNHJ7Nxl.jpg

Mixed with the cure and into the fridge overnight. Hoping for about 10 hours in the cure.

RYUEc6tl.jpg

I've been doing a little marinating too. Time for bed (a king size bed all by myself). See you all in the morning.

xyi8Fl5l.jpg

I think you need some help with all that meat and scotch.......I'll be right over! :-D

Have fun!

I'm jealous. I am on my last bag of jerky so will need to replenish my supplies soon. What do you smoke your jerky on? Definitely going to be tracking this thread.

Back