xxu3W06l.jpg

1mU9og9l.jpg

7yVorhkl.jpg

PvJYFBgl.jpg

8Q8Aovkl.jpg

yoQn5B2l.jpg

kFr8p7Il.jpg

Last edited:
Took a couple of them cheap choice briskets to Tennessee last week.

Very tasty looking results !!!!

I'm really wanting brisket now after seeing this post.

I've tasted a couple of those. He knows how to cook a brisket.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SJ's Brisket Game is strong. I binge watched BBQ with Franklin PBS series last night. Love the ones where AF compares and smokes brisket paper/foil/Nekkid followed where Pecan Lodge blends his Smoking wood and his reason for it. . Hickory-Mesquite-Oak I've been doing this since the first time so watched it with my third wood varying. I swear after doing this cherry smells like soap or bathroom spray. Those Walmart selects with a good rub, properly blended smoke are a real treat.

Smoke on SJ- God Bless Texas

I would dang sure hit some of that brisket Smitty. I'm still in the rookie stages of brisket cooking so I need all the help I can get with primes and higher end choice briskets. Of course if I could get briskets of any kind for those prices I would do it in a heartbeat.

How is the moisture? Haven't cooked a Wal-Mart select for awhile, but at that price I might give them a go.

How is the moisture? Haven't cooked a Wal-Mart select for awhile, but at that price I might give them a go.

They will look Dry but don't taste Dry. If saving or serving later I add beef broth to panned slices.
Not swimming in it - just pour over the slices what they will soak up.

Last edited:
Yeah that price is great. Just yesterday I bought one up here in MA from the local Wally World for $3.27 a pound.

Our walmart here is 3.56/lb for select. Sams is 3.46 for choice. Way to high for me.

...Love the ones where AF compares and smokes brisket paper/foil/Nekkid followed where Pecan Lodge blends his Smoking wood and his reason for it. . Hickory-Mesquite-Oak I've been doing this since the first time so watched it with my third wood varying. I swear after doing this cherry smells like soap or bathroom spray...

I've seen that one as well. Maybe a bag of mesquite might not be such a bad idea, after all. Used judiciously, of course.

Ain't never seen our wallyworld mark down briskets like that! That was one heck of a brisket cook! ��

Walmart had a bunch of choice today at 1.96. Already have a full freezer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back