Whats a fair price for...

Capt ron

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Morning everyone
Whats a fair price for a roasted pig for a party of 90 people... They just want pig nothing else... I will be cooking it at my location and delivering the pork in pans to the site...

Thanks

I would be be around that also. The butt thing is a good option but I offered that to a few people that were set on the pig and they don't mind paying for it. Good luck!!

What size pig are you thinking of doing? How much are whole pigs in your area? I can get whole pigs for .79 cents a pound so a 100 pounder would be $79 my time and equipment would be around $300 so total for this would be $379 plus tax and $40 delivery anything after that is gravy!

Deni

Deni, you'd spend 12 hrs prepping, cooking, pulling & delivering a pig for $300 ?

Pig roast

Thanks for all the info everyone...
I was thinking about doing a 100 pounder... In the summer he in PA they were going for $1.69 a pound If I were to do butts, How much butts would I need and how much would I charge for that???

Thanks

90 people-1/2 pound cooked meat per person=90lbs of pork butts at $0.98/lb.
Yield is 45lbs. of pulled pork @ $12/lb
Charge $475 drop off the meat and collect your money.

What about sauce? Don't forget to add that to the charge.

What size pig are you thinking of doing? How much are whole pigs in your area? I can get whole pigs for .79 cents a pound so a 100 pounder would be $79 my time and equipment would be around $300 so total for this would be $379 plus tax and $40 delivery anything after that is gravy!

Deni

Wow thats cheap are they usda or your local farmer. $169.00 /lb here.

90 people, is 90lbs of uncooked pork at least. I know $12.99 a pound delivered isnt out of the ordinary, and 600 bucks is about the least id take for 12 hrs of work and product

Butcher / Local farmer on the pig... They are nice, fresh and cook well...

Morning everyone
Whats a fair price for a roasted pig for a party of 90 people... They just want pig nothing else... I will be cooking it at my location and delivering the pork in pans to the site...

Thanks

If you are delivering in pans why do they care if it's a pig or butts? Butts would be a lot less work.
60-80 lbs of butts should do 90 people fine.

I'd go $475 for the butts & $600 for the pig

I have a supplier that gets me the unwanted pigs, the ones that are butt ugly, maybe missing a hind leg or tears in the skin. It is alot easier for me to cook pigs because I don't have to babysit them, I smoke them out back while I am open for business. That price is for a pig that is cut up in disposable pans. I also would talk them into the pork butts and if they want to see a smoked pigs' head you can find one cheap at a real butcher shop.

you gotta remember ron 100 pound on the hoof your only getting 65 to 70% meet. the rest is wast... 90 people 4 butts and you will have left overshall if you use my new pork puller and do bonles butts i am getting 90% sellable meat... and som people say im lieing but you can ask dive he has seen me do it

I have a supplier that gets me the unwanted pigs, the ones that are butt ugly, maybe missing a hind leg or tears in the skin. It is alot easier for me to cook pigs because I don't have to babysit them, I smoke them out back while I am open for business. That price is for a pig that is cut up in disposable pans. I also would talk them into the pork butts and if they want to see a smoked pigs' head you can find one cheap at a real butcher shop.
Sometimes called "ruptures". Be careful serving these. Many times you cannot get these passed by a USDA inspector.

you gotta remember ron 100 pound on the hoof your only getting 65 to 70% meet. the rest is wast... 90 people 4 butts and you will have left overshall if you use my new pork puller and do bonles butts i am getting 90% sellable meat... and som people say im lieing but you can ask dive he has seen me do it

Your lieing.....

I hate cooking pigs! I like the idea of the head smoked and served with butts!

Back