Mapquest is your friend...

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was registered to participate in the Cornerstone Fellowship Rib & Chili cook-off located in Brentwood CA on August 18, 2012.

After signing up, I found out that I would be required to have at least 6 racks of ribs and 5qts of chili for the public. As a result, I bought $100 of meat last week, and another $50-60 additional groceries/consumables for the day. As my UDS, coolers, etc wouldn't fit in our vehicles I proceeded to rent a cargo van for 3 days as Enterprise is closed on weekends to return it sooner.

At this point I am about $375 invested into this event.

Friday afternoon I have packed up the cargo van and am printing the driving directions. What did I find, that the contest isn't located in

oj-simpson-glove.jpg

Brentwood (located just outside Los Angeles), but rather it is in a different city named Brentwood in Northern California 1hr east of Oakland.

Guess I will be eating Chili and Ribs for a while now :(

The moral of the story, before signing up for a contest and spending lots of $$$, make sure you know where it is!

Sorry, but thanks for the good laugh. Sounds like something I would do.

I was registered to participate in the Cornerstone Fellowship Rib & Chili cook-off located in Brentwood CA on August 18, 2012.

After signing up, I found out that I would be required to have at least 6 racks of ribs and 5qts of chili for the public. As a result, I bought $100 of meat last week, and another $50-60 additional groceries/consumables for the day. As my UDS, coolers, etc wouldn't fit in our vehicles I proceeded to rent a cargo van for 3 days as Enterprise is closed on weekends to return it sooner.

At this point I am about $375 invested into this event.

Friday afternoon I have packed up the cargo van and am printing the driving directions. What did I find, that the contest isn't located in

oj-simpson-glove.jpg

Brentwood (located just outside Los Angeles), but rather it is in a different city named Brentwood in Northern California 1hr east of Oakland.

Guess I will be eating Chili and Ribs for a while now :(

The moral of the story, before signing up for a contest and spending lots of $$$, make sure you know where it is!

Did honestly think that Brentwood would be hosting a bbq contest? Isnt that a high faluting area? I'm not sure they would let bbq types in their neighborhood.....

Also make sure you type the name of the city in correctly, (jefferson IN and Jeffersonville IN) are no where near each other in comparison to Danville IL. LOL I caught that mistake early

Attachments

• Competition Ribs1.jpg
    Competition Ribs1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Competition Chili1.jpg
    Competition Chili1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
Back