BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 1

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are you ready for a "pron" throwdown?
Hello Brethren...I got permission from "Poob" to start a new weekly thread challenging you all to a "BBQ Pron" throwdown...this weeks challenge will be "Beef"...:p

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be beef...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...
3) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max and one pic must contain the equipment cooked on. No photo enhancements alowed...(got that Rick...N8...:twisted:)

The voting will begin on Tuesday...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

The winner (as determined by popular vote) will recieve a very special prize (not sure what yet...).

Future "throwdowns" will include...chicken, pork, sausage, sides, desserts...you name it...if you can smoke it or grill it...we'll throwdown on it! Have fun...and Good Luck!

Thoughts, suggestions, and ideas always welcome...:p

Even with my short experience, I'm game. This will be interesting to say the least.

Can we have a "only win once a month" rule? We can call this the Rick Rule!

what? what exactly do you mean by 'enhancements'?

Can we have a "only win once a month" rule? We can call this the Rick Rule!

don't worry, i don't think i'll be playing. an unspecified prize and the food has to be cooked that week and no 'enhancements'?

that comp two weekends ago was enuf stress for me. it was a pleasure to cook this weekend and not have to meet a deadline. i got better pix too :biggrin:

I never change anything on my pron, don't know how to.
sounds like fun though.

Sounds like fun! I have a busy couple of weeks coming up but I'll try to cook some beef this week.

Question about rule #1 which says;
1) It has to be beef...duh!

Is is considered beef if it is a meatloaf that is 60/40 or 50/50 hamburger and ground pork???

Hum - sounds interesting. Can't wait to see all the pron this is going to generate.

Question about rule #1 which says;
1) It has to be beef...duh!

Is is considered beef if it is a meatloaf that is 60/40 or 50/50 hamburger and ground pork???

i say go right ahead and post your hamburger :twisted:

but then again, i ain't directing this play.

this has been tried before and the rules got so involved, no one played.

maybe we should all use polaroids and mail the hard copies to someone. heheh

Heck, I'm in...If I have until Tuesday, I have lots of pounds of meat I can screw up! It'll just take a few good pics. ;-)

Back