• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Labor Day Menus

Labor Day:
Looks like we will be eating Frances' leftovers
all day.
MikeG

MikeG said:
Labor Day:
Looks like we will be eating Frances' leftovers
all day.
MikeG

I think you got all day Saturday in the clear. cook up a bunch and do leftovers on your rainy Monday.

Best of luck with the weather this weekend.

willkat98 said:
Bellybro said:
Does anyone stuff it with raw sausage?

Always raw

Phils crazy

This is the first time EVER he mentioned this searing crap.

He use to go on and on about freezing slightly then shoving it in.

I even shove in slightly frozen, wait, then slide out the casing.

i used to do it raw and the sausage would get smooshed.. .. then i did the slightly frozen, but it always came out with a somewhat steamed texture on the outside. First time i started searing was last winter.. and i KNOW i mentioned it.. and we even DISCUSSED!! Try it.. it works better.. I never removed the casings though. Tried once with just sausage meat and it crumbled out when I sliced it. Seems the casings get you that Bullseye when sliced..(by the way.. there are 2 E's in bullseye). :)

BBQchef33 said:
i used to do it raw and the sausage would get smooshed.. .. then i did the slightly frozen, but it always came out with a somewhat steamed texture on the outside. First time i started searing was last winter.. and i KNOW i mentioned it.. and we even DISCUSSED!! Try it.. it works better.. I never removed the casings though. Tried once with just sausage meat and it crumbled out when I sliced it. Seems the casings get you that Bullseye when sliced..(by the way.. there are 2 E's in bullseye). :)

I just had an idea.

Do you think a boneless skinless chicken breast, marinated in italian dressing or something, then shoved into a pork loin would be good?

Maybe a Dales seasoning marinaded boob, but in half lengthwise and shove it in.

I might try this.

BBQchef33 said:
willkat98 said:
Always raw

Phils crazy

This is the first time EVER he mentioned this searing crap.

He use to go on and on about freezing slightly then shoving it in.

I even shove in slightly frozen, wait, then slide out the casing.

Hey Bill.....Guess you missed this Thread (where i mentioned searing the sausages first) 8) ..... the Thread has alot of info on porkloins.

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1218&highlight=sear+loin

BBQCHEF33 POSTED JANUARY 03 2004 at 4:55PM.

Hey...Does this mean an additional attendee at Summer Bash nn?

I like giving the sausage a real fast super hot zap on either the grill or under the broiler first to sear the outside. It does 2 things. Stifffens it so its easier to push into the loin, and also, if you dont, the sausage has this kinda mushy gray look to it for being somewhat steamed inside the loin. (kind of like the same color as marinading in margarita mix. :wink:

so?? whos crazy now? huh huh huh huh??? ahhhh redemption!!! :twisted:

ok.. stuff to shove in a loin.

a fatty..
a zuccini or chinese eggplant.
how about a section of beef tenderloin??? (Porkmignon)

BBQchef33 said:

a fatty..

Jorge, this thread is now a continuation of either Things to Try thread, or Pork Loin

These are some awesome ideas.

I got 4 loins at home ($1.64# last week) so I'm definitely gonna try some of these.

Phil and I were laughing on the phone today. Me: Maybe I'll try canadian bacon log, cored with a pineapple corer, then shoved in there. Phil:might be to dry. Me: I'll wrap bacon around it first.

We were laughing, farking triple stuffed pig mod.

Maybe I'll try canadian bacon log, cored with a pineapple corer, then shoved in there. Phil:might be to dry. Me: I'll wrap bacon around it first.

Alls ounds good to me!!

willkat98 said:
BBQchef33 said:

a fatty..

Jorge, this thread is now a continuation of either Things to Try thread, or Pork Loin

These are some awesome ideas.

I got 4 loins at home ($1.64# last week) so I'm definitely gonna try some of these.

Phil and I were laughing on the phone today. Me: Maybe I'll try canadian bacon log, cored with a pineapple corer, then shoved in there. Phil:might be to dry. Me: I'll wrap bacon around it first.

You're all a bunch of farkers!!!!!!!! Chicken and the beef tenderloin sound awesome. Packing coolers now for a road trip to see my folks. As if I hadn't packed enough meat into the coolers already! <must pack buckshot to keep ravenous neighbors away>

willkat98 said:
how about pine apple chunks with brown sugar shoved into a pork loin.

Damn that might be good.

Shove baloney cores into the pork loin.......

Have a great weekend Brothers, me, I am working at three comission only jobs....no time to Q...and no money yet.....Q on Brothers......

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated...

i was planning on doin a brisket with beans underneath in my 'dera, but got vetoed by the boss as i gotta work all weekend including monday. Got a hu-mongous client coming in that might just buy all of our inventory.

willkat98 - no i didn't die, but my computer at home did, random reboots etc. just now barely got it up and running again. been house shopping too and the new SO has most of my attention.

a fatty..
bacon and scallops.mmmmmmmmm. But they need to be mostly cooked before stuffing in.

I like the hawian style you suggested Bill. Pineapple and brown sugar. I think I will have to try that. How about soaking the pineapple in some kahlua.

Back