Salmon Grilled on a Salt Block

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
file-237.jpg

file-1245.jpg

Two peace of Salmon with melted butter, lemon juice, and Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub
file-258.jpg

file-1149.jpg

On the salt block @ 450* for 3-min.
file-2166.jpg

Turned over for 3-min. more
file-974.jpg

file-584.jpg

Served with Jackie's cooked Kale with red onion and garlic, stuffed baked potato with butter bacon, cheddar cheese, butter.
We really like our fish cooked on the Himalayan salt block it gives a wonderful flavor.

Himalayan salt block:http://www.saltworks.us/himalayan-plates-bricks-blocks.html

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/HTMLrubs/ragingriver.html

Thanks for looking

Ross

Looks delicious! Any chance Jackie will pass on her recipe for the kale?
Here it is Jason
Sauteed Kale

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped3tablespoons olive oil2cloves garlic, finely sliced1/2cup vegetable stock or water
Salt and pepper2tablespoons red wine vinegarINSTRUCTIONS

1.Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.2.SERVES: 4; Calories: 178; Total Fat: 11 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Total carbohydrates: 18 grams; Sugar: 0 grams Fiber: 3.5 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 336 milligramsRoss
Mmmm.. Looks delicious Ross. Hope you and Jackie have a wonderful Christmas!
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year Jeanie

Ross

The salt block looks like a piece of granite. Is it really a salt block? And if so, can you reuse it after you cooked on it?

That looks great, Ross! I just acquired a nice block at Christmas and I want to give it a go. I figure I'd use it in my Primo, so I'm happy to see you used a BGE. One thing, though - how do you know how hot your fire is? The recommended temp ceiling for the blocks (that I've seen) is 450°. I know I can exceed that in a heartbeat and I'd hate to bust my block into pieces...
Thanks in advance!

Arlin

Back