• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Newbie requesting help in selecting a small propane grill to purchase

T

True Colors

Hello there. I have a need to purchase a small propane grill. Something that can cook roughly 6 to 8 regular size hamburger patties at a time.

I went to wal-mart and looked at some of the tabletop grills. I wasn't sure which ones might be right for me so here I am. :-D

My key needs......

-- the cooking rack must be removable and dishwasher safe. This part is critical.
-- something that is fairly small and portable
-- something that is easy to assemble/use
-- hopefully in the $60 price range or less

If someone could offer a few suggestions I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks!!

TC

Why propane? If you can live without it here are some old stanby grills..

grill-1.jpg

Problem-Solving-Grill.jpg

4183375517_be92aae665.jpg

Seriously thinking about it 6-8 burgers at once seems a lot for a table top propane grill. For $60ish New I have only ever seen these type
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1520-Pr...6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1274769683&sr=8-6
And in my opinion it is a 1-2 season grill.

I could pay more than 60 dollars if necessary. The tabletop propane grills that I saw at walmart were in the 30 dollar range so I figured that a better one would run 50 to 60 bucks. But if it costs more than then I guess I will just bite the bullet.

That weber grill for 130 bucks does look nice. Does anyone know if the cooking grates are dishwasher safe? Does it have a drip cup to collect all the grease? Cleanup is a big deal here.

Thanks,

TC

x2

for 50-100$, you can't beat a used weber/ducane grill... and there's usually atleast one listed every 1-2 weeks depending on the season/location.

I say spend an extra 60 and get the Weber Q 100. Great portable gas grill that performs like a big Weber gas grill. Best portable gas grill i've ever owned and I've gone through ALOT of cheap one's. I wasted lots of money of cheap crap when I could have bought a good one to begin with. You'll be happy you spend a little extra in the long run.

I bought a small gas grill at Walmart last year for 19.95--it uses the small green propane tank , or get the converter tube for lrg. tanks. It'll handle 4 large steaks.:thumb:

I used to have a Weber Go-Anywhere portable and loved it. My Mom uses a Q100 and loves it too.

If you have to go that size I certainly go with the Q.

Weber Q100 is by far the best portable gas grill on the market. I use mine 2 to 3 times a week and have had it nearly 3yrs. It still performs just like the day I got it. It does a really nice job on steaks!!!

features:
well made
easy assembly
tough removable iron grates
designed to reduce flare ups
removable drip pan

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Define small please?

Because you can get a weber performer which is kind of small and you got prep table with it..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-Gas-Go-Anywhere-Grill/10756110

I've had this grill for approx 10 years, it is what we cook on for camping. It stores in the trailer easily, the grate will fit in the dishwasher, and is very easy on gas.
Before your first cook, line the botom and sides with alum. foil and clean up is a snap.
I think the price of $54 is a bit much they used to go for around $30.
Ed

The Weber Q100 is a nice unit and works well. It is also versatile. I use a service pan and can hold beans and soups on it for service as well.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I am going to print out the suggestions you made and check those out at walmart/target/etc. And I will also keep researching online as well.

Again, I am not completely stuck on the 60 dollar price tag. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me to spend 130 dollars -- especially if I can get a good propane grill that will last at least a few years.

Can someone please educate me...... is it okay to put any and all cooking grates inside the dishwasher? Or will certain types rust out? How do I know what to look for?

Thanks,

TC

Back