• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

GAB Moving

She announced this at Kookers Kare Saturday night. I've never been inside Sandstone (or Verizon) so I don't know what to expect.

I'm guessing it will be in the big asphalt covered parking lot along State Ave. It has a great view around the area, good for a fireworks show if they want to continue that. Hard to imagine it inside the ampitheater. The other lot towards 7 hwy is gravel, so would be a downgrade if they put it there.

I'm guessing it will be in the big asphalt covered parking lot along State Ave. It has a great view around the area, good for a fireworks show if they want to continue that. Hard to imagine it inside the ampitheater. The other lot towards 7 hwy is gravel, so would be a downgrade if they put it there.

Chris, what Tracy told me Saturday night is that most, if not all teams will be on the paved lot. The gravel will just be parking. I haven't been in there. Any shade to be had at all?

No shade in either lot, both are wide open, but then the Woodlands had that same problem for the vast majority of spots. Along the perimeter, the whole area is natural woods, so lots of share there of course.

For us Northerners...where is Sandstone? We like to judge this event and need to start looking for a hotel.

Edit: Found it....West of Speedway.

All I can say is wow. Toto will find us a new home. Just ask the Tin man. I am melting, melting. No shade who cares.

Char - there is a new hotel @ 110th and State Ave, right across from the Speedway and only about 2 miles from Sandstone.

Gab

Chris, what Tracy told me Saturday night is that most, if not all teams will be on the paved lot. The gravel will just be parking. I haven't been in there. Any shade to be had at all?

Jeff there is very little shade out there. I go out there for VANS WARP TOUR every summer. It is a hot mutha hot there. Especially on the asphalt.

Shade may not be a problem. Everybody knows this part of the country is notorious for sever wether that weekend. Well, for those interested there is a golf course and a fishing lake in the park. Overall I think it will be a giant improvement over the Woodlands, shade or no shade. More room, more room. You know, up at the speedway I believe they have a race that weekend and over at the T-bones stadium they have a double header one of those days.

^^^What he said.:cool: Much more potential in that area, especially for out-of-towners.

Back