$0.48 per Pound Picnic Shoulder Score!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As I was strolling through a local grocery store this evening I noticed a picnic shoulder that was marked down. The last day they could sell it was today which meant the last day I could buy it was today. It was marked down to 48 cents per pound! Needless to day, I scarfed it up fast!

picture.php

This has to be the best BBQ value to cost ratio purchase I've ever had! It's going on the smoker soon with PRON to follow.

Just a reminder, when strolling through your local grocery, keep your eyes peeled!

I see that once in a while at Sam's Club but not that often and not at that price!

Score! :clap2:

That shoulder was meant for you - look at the original price tag. MVP Price = Man vs. Pig price! Nice score, looking forward to the pr0n.

That shoulder was meant for you - look at the original price tag. MVP Price = Man vs. Pig price! Nice score, looking forward to the pr0n.

Nice, I didn't notice that! It will make some delicious pulled BBQ pork. PRON forthcoming!

It is far cheaper than even dog or cat meat. What a bargain!!!
John

In Beijing grocery, the most common pork is $2+ per pound.
In Beijing we do not eat cat. but In south China especially Guang Dong, price of cat meat is much much much more expensive
In Beijing some eat dog and dog meat is much more expoensive than pork, several times higher.

Growing up, we never ate cat. We just left them in or under the dumpster we shot them in.

Is that true? :confused:
There is a taco joint that was shut down for using cat meat twice in the area I work. Sadly some of the guys still eat there

Before 1980's, it was not allowed to kill big animals like horse, cattle, donkey to eat their meat in China. Or you would be placed in prison! Dog and cat are nothing but pets, you can survive with or without them. Cattle and horse were main labours of farmers. They meant life or hungry to death. For me I can accept both cultures, west and east.

I must ask.... what is the price per pound of dog or cat meat?

Clearly I need more precision in my posts otherwise the wits steal the show. I feed my dogs meat that is rarely less than $5 a pound. I do not have a cat to feed but my dogs probably wouldn't mind sampling one!!!!
John

Back