Any interest in a SW bash?

Alright guy and gals. It looks like the weather on Friday and Saturday is going to be wet. Please don't let this discourage you from attending the SW BBQ BRETHREN BASH. Just be prepared and it will be good. It looks like Gringoloco will have the fire pit and wood in place and ready to go on Friday. There will be plenty of smoker space to put your food on. So if you just want to drive in on Saturday you don't need to haul your smoker. Friday night we will cook up something simple and quick. We look forward to seeing everyone.

P.S.
Don't forget your rain gear.

Your right Carl. It looks like we might have about a 65% chance of rain on Friday and down to about a 30% chance of rain on Saturday. Definitely got plenty of fire wood, canopies and everything else. Don't let a little liquid Sunshine keep you away. We will have plenty of room on the smokers to cook food. We also have open pit fires. So come on over and have a great time!

As we say here in New Mexico if you want to change of weather just wait about 15 minutes!!!

I have really been looking forward to this bash
I'm not gonna let a little rain ruin it for me.
I have some rain gear and a canopy.
I've got the cooker and everything else loaded up on the truck and I'm heading to Lordsburg in the morning. I'll head up towards Silver City on Friday after work.
I hope to meet some of the brethren there.

Well, right now, looks like I am about 90% there. Daughter is getting over a cold and wife will be taking over Soccer Dad duty on Saturday. They can't miss catechism class on Sunday..........so, I'm going solo.
Will head out early on Saturday. I still got the menudo and fixings. I'll find something else to take up there. Will probably take my turkey fryer and big ole 40qt pot with me. Was thinking of taking some adobada pork steaks, torts, and some salsa so we can do quick taco stuff off the grill, etc. I can take a camp fire grate and use the fire pit coals.
I have some big pecan stump stuff I will take for the pit. I will take plenty of red chile. I have lots of green too. Trying to think of what I can make with the the green. Maybe some rajas con queso.

Lots of chile.....I feel sorry for the Porta Potty!

I also have a Brethren Banner......gotta fly it!

I need to get away. Some cool, cloudy, weather, fire pit, food, beverages and making some new friends is the ticket.

What is the split for the Porta rental?
Bob

Last edited:
:mod::mod: The bash will kick off tomorrow afternoon!!! I can't wait!!! :mod::mod:
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You all have a great time, wish I could be there. Hopefully this will be the first of many SW Bashes.

Guys so great to hear you had a good time. I know this is the start of another great BBQ Brethren Bash tradition. It is a bit of work to get one going and from looking at the pics it paid off big time. Congratulations on your 2018 SW BBQ Brethren Bash!! Maybe next year Shelly and I can make the next one!! :mrgreen:

Back