Rolling Smoke on the Shirley Fab country style ribs and corn

InThePitBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had a taste for country style ribs and smoked corn to make elotes this weekend so I rolled "Fire For Effect" out and let it rip!

Corn and country style slices soaking up some heat and flavor.

prnglJYl.jpg

Country style slices chopped and panned (I like 'em plain without sauce)

GA4s6Dcl.jpg

Smoked the corn about 3 hours and finished elotes style I love these!

PbNNMeal.jpg

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend, eating well and are all safe and sound!

Looks fantastic. Tell me more about this corn elote style. I want to make this corn.

Field dress the tail end off the cob and chop the tassels away, strip off about half the husks and get you a 1 gallon pressure sprayer full of water.

Run 250* for about 3 hours, give 'em a bath every 30 minutes or so to keep the husks nice and moist while they are smoking.

Here's what the corn looks like cleaned up before it goes on.

BhVxJXOl.jpg

When it's ready to eat brush with Blue Plate Mayo, dust with chili powder or Tony Chachere's and coat with Parmesan or Cotija cheese if you have it.

~Enjoy it, this stuff is so good!!!

Looks like a good day going Bob.

Hey Marty! ~Good to see you my friend, we enjoyed the food how is everything for you?

Wow! That looks amazing, Bob! Thanks for the corn recipe and instructions. I'm looking forward to giving them a try. Corn has to be one of my favorite veggies. :grin:

Looks delicious Bob - that’s enough corn or an army! Love it!

It's not hard to chisel away 2-3 ears, when the snow flies and the cookers get put up here I miss the corn more than the BBQ it's really that good and keeps well for several days afterwards.

Wow! That looks amazing, Bob! Thanks for the corn recipe and instructions. I'm looking forward to giving them a try. Corn has to be one of my favorite veggies. :grin:

I'm with you Jeanie, we smoke corn just about every weekend when it's in season and the corn's been really top shelf quality so far this year.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

So you smoke them in the husk? Then peel back to finish? I need this in my life my family loves corn on the grill this will elevate my corn game lol

So you smoke them in the husk? Then peel back to finish? I need this in my life my family loves corn on the grill this will elevate my corn game lol

Yep, right in the husk the idea is to remove about half the outer layer when you clean it up to cook so the smoke can penetrate to the corn and impart flavor.

You can peel it all off when done or pull it back for a handle, either way an ice cold beer helps to round it all off.

1x9tSKtl.jpg

Back