To all you stick burners that can’t hold your eyes open this morning.

Butt looks good Robb and if I was doing them on the MAK I'd go with the long game too. Last 5 or so I've done have taken 4 1/4 to 5hrs, oh and they have been awesome too. When I do get a stick burner it's going to be 275-300+ on cooks no reason to go low & slow (unless you want to) except on a Pellet Grill.

I hear ya buddy. Have done quite a few hot n fast cooks over the years. Have had 2 stickburners and both loved to purr at 275-300°. I think I was just born a low n slow guy as the smoke wafting through my backyard for hours on end is highly therapeutic to me :)

Looks great Robb! I’ll just say this; I made my best ribs and best brisket ever on my offset last weekend. I don’t see the MAK getting much use anymore. I was tired though after the brisket cook. Still, definitely worth the effort.

You have a VERY nice stick burner, buddy! It’s hard to beat a good stick burner, few would deny that! I am totally happy with what comes from my MAK though and the ease is what allows me to smoke as often as I want :)

Great looking butt you have there Robb. It sure is easy getting spoiled on these new-fangled cookers.

Great looking butt you have there Robb. It sure is easy getting spoiled on these new-fangled cookers.

Yes sir and thank you! But these newfangled cookers that have spoiled us, ain’t new... been around since the 80’s ;-)

Back