Pulled pork + sides for 50, need calculating help

DaveAlvarado

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've been tapped to do some cooking for a church-related event, going to be feeding 50 college kids, mixed gender.

I'm doing pulled pork sandwiches, beans, and slaw. Just trying to make sure I get my numbers right.

Since I'm going with sandwiches, should I target around 1/4 pound cooked per person? Or should I go higher for college boys?

This is my first time doing sides, what do you all think I should target for beans and slaw?

Perfect, thank you.

I tried the link in the sticky, but it didn't work anymore.

Figure 5oz pork per person and 4oz of each side and you should be fine.

Hi Dave,

2 gallons each of beans and slaw should be plenty. A quarter pound sandwich is a nice size and like caseyjoenz said, figure 1.5 sandwiches per guest.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the help everyone, it went off without a hitch! It turned out the crowd was a little smaller than expected and like 2/3 female so there were lots of leftovers, but the kids just took the leftovers home with them so it all worked out.

halve done real similar same amount of folks 3 butts 2 half pans beans 2 heads green 1head red cabage 6doz buns add some poppers collage age kids love them we do sweet and hot ones

Back