BBQ Brethren "Lamb" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Lamb"[/size]
Nature_Boy.jpg

Winning entry from the 2009 BBQ Brethren Lamb Throwdown posted by Nature Boy!.

...as chosen by zydecopaws, the winner of the Pick the 4th Ingredient Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/11 through Sunday 2/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 2/20.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 2/21 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 2/25. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Food You Eat With Your Hands Throwdown until Sunday night 2/13 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Chinese New Year Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Hmmmmm......never tried to cook or even EAT lamb before.
My brother tells me it's the CHIT!

Supposed to be in the 40's here this weekend......HEATWAVE!!
May have to pick up some lamb chops to try.

It's been WAY too long since I've cooked for a Throwdown Challenge.
I might just be up for a second ZERO!:thumb:

Hmmmmm......never tried to cook or even EAT lamb before.
My brother tells me it's the CHIT!

Supposed to be in the 40's here this weekend......HEATWAVE!!
May have to pick up some lamb chops to try.

It's been WAY too long since I've cooked for a Throwdown Challenge.
I might just be up for a second ZERO!:thumb:

With lamb, there IS no zero.

Hmmm...I just may break my Throwdown hiatus to enter this one!

everyone should throw away their sheepishness about Throw Downs, and ram some meat onto the grill.

Now we just need to venture outside of Kroger and find some quality lamb! What we did find and grill from Kroger was amazing but expensive and small...but Guerry is now hooked on lamb! Lamb, will now be our "special occasion" dish. I even ate the fat on those sholder chops - and I NEVER eat the fat! EVER (that's Guerry's job):becky:

Now we just need to venture outside of Kroger and find some quality lamb! What we did find and grill from Kroger was amazing but expensive and small...but Guerry is now hooked on lamb! Lamb, will now be our "special occasion" dish. I even ate the fat on those sholder chops - and I NEVER eat the fat! EVER (that's Guerry's job):becky:

Redhot - have you tried looking at any of the Costco's near you? I've gotten superb lamb loin chops and boneless legs at great prices in CA and OH - bet they probably carry them over there too...

Here's a link to a recent cook with some Costco lamb chops:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100315

Great idea Paul!
But...
My freezer still isn't empty enough to start buying meat again so this Throwdown is going to have to wait for at least another 2 weeks or so. :rolleyes:
Sorry man. :becky:

Okay, I have my concept. Maybe I won't get my arse kicked this time around.

CD

Great idea Paul!
But...
My freezer still isn't empty enough to start buying meat again so this Throwdown is going to have to wait for at least another 2 weeks or so. :rolleyes:
Sorry man. :becky:

So basically you are saying nnnyaaahhh to this one?

Back