MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #106
Disconnect
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakdung View Post
I was about to pull the trigger on one of these. Thumbs up or thumbs down. Was it rushed to the market?
Personally, I wish I had gotten the cyberq ii instead.

Sent from my T-mobile SGS III using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #107
North Is Up
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Arnie

Thanks to palmtreefrb (http://www.wedonet.net/) I have my data from a 20+ hour cook on an XL BGE and a pretty good Boston Butt to show for it.

I live at 6080' altitude, so cooks always take much longer than what's common at lower altitudes and the data displays that. Also, I use the dome temperature to cook at, so granted, 225 degrees is going to be much cooler at the grate.

I needed the butt to be ready for lunch on the second day of the cook (today), so I foiled it at 160 IT at the 17-hour point and the graph reflects the drop in temperature of the BGE when I opened the lid at 5:30a.

I turned up the CyberQ Wifi to 275 just prior to 9 AM. Then, I further turned up the CyberQ Wifi just after 11 AM to 300 degrees for the next hour and 20 minutes until done.

A couple of programming problems that I have noticed with the software from palmtreefrb. When I reset the temperature up from the original 225 to 275 or 300, the dashboard displaying the pit temperature never changed from 225 being the max before being in the red. Also, I didn't see a way to successfully delete unwanted data in the database, such as a test run. Other than that, holy smokes. A great program to document cooks with the CyberQ Wifi.

I hope the picture below isn't too obnoxiously large. Disregard the extraneous data at the very end. Butt was pulled in the 198 degree range. I used two probes to verify the temperature thoughout the cook.

As far as the CyberQ Wifi itself goes, five hours into the cook the temperature rose to 13 degrees above the set cook temperature of 225 degrees. I was thinking that maybe a chunk of oak took off. On the flip side, during the night, it dropped 6 degrees below the set cook temperature for no particular reason that I could see. I can definitely identify the stall and the phases that occured when going though those temps.

North Is Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #108
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Ron View Post
What did he say?

I am with you on that one

Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #109
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

On the "Cook Settings" tab the "Submit" button will post your setpoint changes to the Wifi controller. The "Update" button will fetch data from the controller. Sorry about the confusion.

Ok, next version I will add the ability to edit and delete from the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Is Up View Post
Thanks to palmtreefrb (http://www.wedonet.net/) I have my data from a 20+ hour cook on an XL BGE and a pretty good Boston Butt to show for it.

I live at 6080' altitude, so cooks always take much longer than what's common at lower altitudes and the data displays that. Also, I use the dome temperature to cook at, so granted, 225 degrees is going to be much cooler at the grate.

I needed the butt to be ready for lunch on the second day of the cook (today), so I foiled it at 160 IT at the 17-hour point and the graph reflects the drop in temperature of the BGE when I opened the lid at 5:30a.

I turned up the CyberQ Wifi to 275 just prior to 9 AM. Then, I further turned up the CyberQ Wifi just after 11 AM to 300 degrees for the next hour and 20 minutes until done.

A couple of programming problems that I have noticed with the software from palmtreefrb. When I reset the temperature up from the original 225 to 275 or 300, the dashboard displaying the pit temperature never changed from 225 being the max before being in the red. Also, I didn't see a way to successfully delete unwanted data in the database, such as a test run. Other than that, holy smokes. A great program to document cooks with the CyberQ Wifi.

I hope the picture below isn't too obnoxiously large. Disregard the extraneous data at the very end. Butt was pulled in the 198 degree range. I used two probes to verify the temperature thoughout the cook.

As far as the CyberQ Wifi itself goes, five hours into the cook the temperature rose to 13 degrees above the set cook temperature of 225 degrees. I was thinking that maybe a chunk of oak took off. On the flip side, during the night, it dropped 6 degrees below the set cook temperature for no particular reason that I could see. I can definitely identify the stall and the phases that occured when going though those temps.

palmtreefrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #110
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflood View Post
Incidentally, I tried to post the bash script that produced the chart above, but the forum server rejects it. If there's interest, I'll see if one of the forum mods can post it on my behalf.

[Edit: this post will not make any sense until the previous post clears moderation. I guess images trigger the filter.]
I'm not 100% sure what triggered that post going into moderation. Just having an image wouldn't do it, but maybe it was the image URL.

Sorry it took a while to find it. Weekends can be tough around here with other stuff going on, and this one was hard to spot since it was in the middle of an established thread.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #111
flashflood
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I'm not 100% sure what triggered that post going into moderation. Just having an image wouldn't do it, but maybe it was the image URL.

Sorry it took a while to find it. Weekends can be tough around here with other stuff going on, and this one was hard to spot since it was in the middle of an established thread.
No problem. Thanks for taking care of it.

Looking at the iThing apps above, I feel like such a geezer, clinging to my shell and vim and gnuplot...
flashflood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #112
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Default CyberQ Wifi app set up

Hi guys I am a newbee on this forum. I have three Guru products a Digq DX2 a CyberQ II and a CyberQ Wifi. I was getting ready to give up on the CyberQ wifi until I read you guys post. The thing I missed the most on the Wifi model was the software like the cyberQ II has.until now I saw the app and it gives me hope. I have downloaded the software and will be trying it this weekend. I do have one question. Do I have to have the CyberQ Wifi on adhoc mode or will it work in infrastructure mode? Wight now I have it on infrastructure mode and port forwarded. Thanks
RitchieA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #113
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

It will work in both mode's. Just enter your IP address in settings.
Note: I believe under adhoc mode only one connection is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieA View Post
Hi guys I am a newbee on this forum. I have three Guru products a Digq DX2 a CyberQ II and a CyberQ Wifi. I was getting ready to give up on the CyberQ wifi until I read you guys post. The thing I missed the most on the Wifi model was the software like the cyberQ II has.until now I saw the app and it gives me hope. I have downloaded the software and will be trying it this weekend. I do have one question. Do I have to have the CyberQ Wifi on adhoc mode or will it work in infrastructure mode? Wight now I have it on infrastructure mode and port forwarded. Thanks

Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #114
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Thanks for the fast reply. Now do I put the routers IP because I have forwarded the port or the IP of the CyberQ Wifi?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #115
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

The IP address of the CyberQ Wifi controller.

Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply. Now do I put the routers IP because I have forwarded the port or the IP of the CyberQ Wifi?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #116
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Port forwarding only matters for connecting from outside your local network. If your computer is on the same network as the CyberQ (e.g., your home network) then enter the CyberQ IP address. If your PC is outside of your home network then you would use the Router public IP address.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #117
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Palm,
I just sent a message via your website. The installation fails for me... Take a look and let me know if you have any ideas.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #118
imott
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskew82 View Post
Palm,
I just sent a message via your website. The installation fails for me... Take a look and let me know if you have any ideas.
Run the installer as Administrator.
imott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #119
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

Will I be able to run this app if I only monitor from a laptop / PC, or do I need an cell phone to do it?

Thanks,
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #120
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Guys thanks for all the help. Still not to happy with my CyberQ Wifi . Did a dry run Sat. the CyberQ Wifi would drop from my router about every 15 mins. so had to buy and install a repeater so I could get a better signle out side. Did some ribs today and the software worked great over 6 hours low and slow. My cyberQ II worked great and the software was great. Cant make up my mind on which one to keep using. Guess I will wait for a frimware up date and a Ipad app. before I make a decision. Thank you all