MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #91
ksu1971
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontz View Post
And the duration should update every 60 seconds when on screen. We could do "real time" refreshes but to save processing/battery life, we just opted for every 60 secs.
I am not seeing the screen refresh. The only way I can get it to refresh is to completely shut down the app and bring it back up. Not a huge deal just wanted to mention it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[/COLOR][/B]Maverick ET-732
ksu1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #92
Deeg
Knows what a fatty is.

moontz, if you don't mind me asking what widget did you use for building the graphs?
Deeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #93
rlt

I was using this for the first time yesterday. I accidentally pressed the back button on my phone too many times, and I lost my cook. I could not find it again. I tried to restart the app, but it only brought me to the new cook screen. I did not see where I could access cooks in progress from the home screen. Any ideas?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #94
ksu1971

Did you try the cook history button? I haven't verified it but its a guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
[/COLOR][/B]Maverick ET-732
ksu1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #95
rlt

Yes I did. it showed that I had no data stored in the cook history.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #96
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlt View Post
I was using this for the first time yesterday. I accidentally pressed the back button on my phone too many times, and I lost my cook. I could not find it again. I tried to restart the app, but it only brought me to the new cook screen. I did not see where I could access cooks in progress from the home screen. Any ideas?
Odd. If there is nothing at all in cook history, it didnt save. Shoot us a note at [email protected] and we can troubleshoot if you see it again or can recreate.
moontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #97
Baxter316
Got Wood.

Is an IOS version in the works?
Baxter316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #98
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter316 View Post
Is an IOS version in the works?
Yessir. Not sure on ETA yet but I would love this on my iPad personally so shouldnt be too long.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #99
Baxter316
Got Wood.

I will purchase immediately. And I I know of several people at my work that would jump on it as well.
Baxter316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #100
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just downloaded your app...thanks! Looking forward to playing around with it... Any chances of it being able to talk to my MAK PitBoss controller one day?
Cheers!
JD
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #101
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD McGee View Post
Just downloaded your app...thanks! Looking forward to playing around with it... Any chances of it being able to talk to my MAK PitBoss controller one day?
Cheers!
JD
Maybe one day... But from what I know, those remotes are built to specifically connect direct to MAK controllers via bluetooth. So while anything can be done, this one would be a bit more complicated to pull off.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #102
BobM
Babbling Farker

I installed a copy of The Pit Pal on my Galaxy SIII, congrats on an interesting app.

I have my CyberQ WiFi's web interface password protected, when I try to run the Pit Pal app I get:

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
"

I have no problem connecting to the CyberQ's web interface from the default browser on my Android phone. It asked for a login and password the first time I connected and remembered it. I just click on the bookmark, and it goes right in.

If I disable the password protection from the CyberQ's web interface, The Pit Pal connects right up to it.

It appears The Pit Pal does not support password protection on the CyberQ?

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |

Last edited by BobM; 12-29-2012 at 01:26 PM..
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #103
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
I installed a copy of The Pit Pal on my Galaxy SIII, congrats on an interesting app.

I have my CyberQ WiFi's web interface password protected, when I try to run the Pit Pal app I get:

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
"

I have no problem connecting to the CyberQ's web interface from the default browser on my Android phone. It asked for a login and password the first time I connected and remembered it. I just click on the bookmark, and it goes right in.

If I disable the password protection from the CyberQ's web interface, The Pit Pal connects right up to it.

It appears The Pit Pal does not support password protection on the CyberQ?

Bob
We'll have that included in an upcoming release but you are correct that it does not support guru credentials yet.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #104
BobM
Babbling Farker

Great, thanks.

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #105
themidniteryder
Knows what a fatty is.

I just installed the Pro edition just because I think it will be a useful app and I want to support you guys hard work developing it. Any plans on developing it to export a cook log to an excel or similar file so the cook data can be printed out?
themidniteryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->